VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
About VMware s Professional Services Organization:
The primary challenge is facing VMware is capitalizing on this leadership position in order to extend present share of market and continue driving significant increases in revenue. The VMware Professional Services Organization plays an important role supporting these objectives by working closely with the channel and field sales organization to identify and close high-revenue strategic service opportunities and ensuring that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to fully functioning virtualized datacenters. It is intended that every effort be made by the Professional Services Organization to position VMware products as core components of clients custom solutions and VMware services as a valuable source of expertise in implementing these solutions. Effective development and deployment of these solutions will, in many instances, require incorporation of third-party solution components to meet specific client needs and collaboration with additional solution providers to secure specialized expertise. In these situations, VMware Professional Services will be expected to take on the role of solution integrator by working closely with outside partners in support of successful solution design, development and deployment for VMware s clients.
About VMware s Professional Services Project Management (PM) Practice
The EMEA PM Practice drives the Customer Experience and satisfaction of Services Engagements through the evolution of a Best in Class delivery methodology of cloud solutions. Specifically, the focus of the PMO will be on initiatives that drive simplicity and scalability through operational standardization and process optimization. The PM practice will establish targeted service metrics that ensure continuous evolution of Project Management methods, programs and services delivery skills.
The PM practice has implemented one year ago a PMO team (Project Management Office) in Cairo that is:
• Delivering remote project management for projects of Low and Middle complexity
• Supporting Local PMs for complex projects
The Remote Project Manager will be responsible for taking consulting engagements that are of low/medium complexity from initiation to close out. The project manager will adhere to the VMware PSO methodology and deliver these engagements to mutually agreed upon scope, schedule and budget within the parameters of the overall account strategy.
This role provides the single point of contact/accountability for the project responsible for project planning, managing work activities, project financials, communication, status reporting, risk management, and change management.
The project manager is expected to bring functional depth as well as solid project management skills to work collaboratively with the customer resources and the Vmware project team to deliver results.
Success criteria/metrics for this role will include:
• Project delivery - Delivering to mutually agreed upon scope, schedule and financial parameters (project profitability)
• Billable utilization 74%
• Customer satisfaction as measured by post project completion survey
• Commitment to consulting delivery
• Being a trusted advisor to the customer, to the practice, and the business
• Provides value beyond simply managing the administrative aspects of the project
• Works with accounts teams and Serivices Sales to build relationships and provides business intelligence on client operations, and decisions.
• Providing thought leadership to enhance the quality of VMware-customer relationship;
• Plan, coordinate, track and manage project(s) to successful completion
• Develop and maintain project plans including charter, scope, work breakdown structures, estimates, resource plans, budget, task dependencies, schedule, open issues, and risk assessment, management and mitigation plans across multiple work streams
• Work with the PM, resource managers, technical staff and business subject matter experts to orchestrate project deliverables to ensure they are planned/executed in alignment with the overall program/project strategy and plan
• Define and manage overall project risks and take corrective action in a proactive manner to mitigate those risks
• Direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• Provide clear and timely communication regarding the status of the project schedule, budget, progress to date, risks etc. - to relevant stakeholders
• Follow the project management methodology and ensure that projects adhere to the defined methodology and stage gate process
• Drive continuous improvement of project processes methodology, templates, best practices etc. based on lessons learned from projects
• Engage with Sales and Account teams to identify/drive account growth opportunities
• At least 7 years of technical project management experience preferably as a Professional services consultant
• Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with a Technology or Big 5 consulting organization
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
• PMP certification strongly recommended
• Spoken Language: English (mandatory), Russian or German (nice to have)
VMware offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k). Time off: up to eight paid holidays and up to three floating holidays each calendar year, up to three weeks of personal time off (PTO) beginning your first year, as well as additional PTO granted with years of service.