Oversee Saudi Initiatives Department s communication plans and material, including letters, reports, proposals, handbooks, and other documents, as well as website content. Oversee the development and writing of the Department s policies and procedures. Provide planning support by assisting in the conceptual design and operations review of various projects and initiatives
• Support the overall communications strategy of Saudi Initiatives
• Prepare, edit and assist in the Department s correspondence with the University s internal and external stakeholders.
• Oversee communications (content, procedures, editing and quality control), including emails (high-level), letters, reports, proposals, handbooks, and other documents, as well as website content.
• Work with Communications Department to maintain KAUST branding and communications standards
• Oversee the development and writing of the Department s policies and procedures in a language and style which are clear and unambiguous
• Ensure content is aligned with the KAUST template and guidelines for policy and procedure writing
• Working with the Legal and HR departments and other policy proponents to secure agreement for recommended policy, ensuring compliance and alignment with KAUST policies.
• Benchmark with appropriate external reference organizations, with the view to achieving best practice and optimizing the quality of the Department s policies.
• Assist with Saudi Initiatives planning, including year planning and assigned programs/projects.
• Assist in the preparation of routine or special reports for management to review and approve
• Assists in the preparation of the fiscal year operational plan.
• Review projects/program for enhancement and provide recommendations
• Develops and maintains operational performance data with particular emphasis on portrayal of trends, statistical reports, forecasts, visual presentations and other communications material s for management purposes
• يؤدي المهام الأخرى ذات الصلة كما تم تعيينها.
• Fluency in both oral and writt en English , Arabic is highly desired.
• Ability to deal tactfully with all levels of public and University officials.
• Should be well informed and up-t o-date as to University operation s, policy and personnel programs.
• Ability to understand complex environments and work effectively in both informal and highly official setti ngs.
• المهارات الشخصية والاتصالية الممتازة.
• High standard of character and conduct and the abi li t y to handle highl y confi denti al and sensitive topics.
• Policy formation knowledge
• Ability to operate independently and interact at senior levels to facilitate the approval of policies in a developing environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, English, Journalism or a related discipline.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience formally interacting with diverse constituencies and providing intelligent, well-supported information concerning policies, programs or cultural issues, preferably in a higher education environment as well as experience in policy development/writing. Experience in planning and overseeing project s and programs is also required