PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES
1.Main responsibility of the job holder is to design, develop and maintain PowerBI dashboards with other BI Major/Minor enhancement projects and contribute skills to Analytics project as and when required.
2.Lead planning and implementation of BI projects. Job holder will actively participate in the requirement gathering & analysis, design and understanding of end-to-end BI solution architectures, testing and implementation phases enabling performance of the entire platform.
3.Work with IT project manager to determine project missions, goals, tasks, timelines and resource requirements; manage the overall Project Plan; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between BI projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project s overall progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
4.Job Holder role is responsible for conceptualizing complex Institutional problems, discovering business insights through visualization techniques. Should be well adapt to develop and execute database queries and conduct analysis.
5.Knowledge of ETL/ELT tools, cube design, platform enabling configuration is essential.
6.The role requires job holder to be a creative thinker and able to propose innovative ways to look at business problems by proper analysis of data to identify the co-relations and defining proper KPIs and metrics so as to benefit Business teams with the entire workflow.
7.Also, BI Specialist will need to present back their findings to the business and conduct wireframe sessions or user walkthrough of the platform. One of the key responsibilities of this role is to work on the analytics opportunities to support digital transformation initiatives.
8.Present verbal and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management during the project life cycle; Identify critical success factors and mitigate risks to the project during its lifecycle.
9.Facilitate business teams to create thorough, detailed business requirements (BRD)
10.Need to perform Business Analysis of BRD to make sure business and IT team clearly understands the scope and requirements.
11.Review functional solution documents prepared by the IT team to make sure they meet the business requirements.
12.In addition to the normal roles of project management, job holder is also expected to work closely with the business teams and interpret their BI needs in technical terms, and define the same to ensure adherence to all BI standards and best practices.
13.Should have a very good understanding of data and ability to answer complex analytic questions to help organization shape its products and services in a better way.
14.Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization.
15.Work on projects that promote data based decision across business strategy, product design, campaign management and customer service and work out data driven solutions, create significant value addition
16.Work with business team to document the business requirements, anticipated benefits, success criteria for analytics initiatives.
JOB KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
1. 4 to 6 Years of overall work experience primarily working on Analyticsand BI domain preferably in Microsoft stack(MSBI and PowerBI)
2. Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Masters in Computer Applications.
3. Very good understanding of Cube development, deployment, maintenance and performance tuning in SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) is must.
4. Should have hands-on experience in Power BI reports (both cloud service and on premise report server version) and DAX queries. Should evaluate and enhance existing Dashboards.
5 . Should be able to translate Business requirements and optimizing it into a KPI for Power BI reports
6. Strong visualisation skills with ability to communicate complex ideas with efficiency, clarity, and precision
7. Should be expert in developing and executing efficient database queries and be good with data warehouse concepts.
8. Knowledge of relational & non-relational databases (SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.) is preferred
9. Thorough understanding of Software development life cycle (SDLC).
10. Should possess basic understanding of Azure specially PAAS services.
11. Develop and maintain Technical documentation and introduce Industry best practices.
12. Should be able to lead a team, define and develop Technical BI solutions and Architectures and provide technical guidance.
13. Proficiency in scripting / programming languages SQL. Python/R scripting is preferred.
14. Hands on experience in preparing and submitting project status reports.
15. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
16. Strong Inter personal, liaison and problem solving skills
17. Working experience in banking sector or in a leading solution vendor for banking products.