This position is responsible for Maintenance cooling devices in terms of repair, installation, preventive maintenance or any other tasks related to cooling maintenance.
This position is assigned for Technicians capable of handling medium scale complexity tasks and require assistance from team leader, expert technician or Technician A in fault diagnosis, troubleshooting, fixes, or installations.
In order to progress to Technician A, the employee shall assist another higher level Technician by getting practical experience in large scale and complex tasks. Also the employee shall have proven records of quality work with no mistakes, ability to work independently, acquiring certifications, improving education level, leadership competencies in terms of decision making, commitment to goals, continuous improvement, initiative taking shall be apparent in a consistent manner with proven records of achieving outstanding results.
• Handle installation, equipment layout, integration, commissioning, testing, optimization, operation, as well as identification and maintenance of Power Equipment on the site.
• Handle status monitoring systems and demonstrate ability to diagnose and solve problems.
• Check connectivity for correct functionality and optimal performance.
• Treat customers with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times
• Provide daily status monitoring of assigned sites.
• Load required tools and material into assigned Company vehicle with automatic transmission.
• May need to drive from and to site locations.
• Use hand tools to connect wires to terminals and to attach and detach various kinds of hardware to cable, etc. Work with color coded wires.
• Adhere to policies and procedures while working autonomously
• Maintain a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
• Follow industry codes, regulations, and standards.
Power Cooling Technician B Specialized Duties:
• Handle the maintenance for the cooling devices (packages & A/c units).
• Repair the malfunctions of the cooling devices.
• Repair the A/C units that return in the workshop.
• Install a new A/C unites in the sites.
Field Technicians General Abilities:
• Understand optical network design.
• Knowledge of RF, AC, DC.
• Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment.
• Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
• Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder and poles using hooks and climbing belts as needed.
• Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colours of wires
• Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
• Ability to use hand tools; ability to use propane torch
• Ability to walk over all types of conditions in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
• Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections.
• Diploma in POWER Cooling or related field with Technical Certification.
• 2 Years experience in telecommunication/or network operations industry specializing in Power Cooling.
• Fair Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
• Fair Command of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, Email)
• Knowledge in health and safety measures.