Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Power Plant Manager
The Power Plant Manager will be based at the Baghdad Embassy Complex in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position is responsible for oversight and management of Power Generation (Spot & Emergency Power Systems), Central Power Plant and Medium Voltage Distribution Systems, Fuel Storage & Distribution Systems, Water (ROWPU) & Wastewater treatment and systems. This position reports to the Site Operations Manager. The additional duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and complying with all Program Environmental, Safety, Health and Quality Assurance Requirements.
• Oversee the management of the 26 MW power station, critical power systems, and medium voltage distribution system.
• Manage and oversee the operations of Water Treatment Plants and Waste Water Treatment Plants to include all pumping, filtering, piping, and control systems.
• Monitors energy efficiency, and analyzes system performance to provide engineering recommendations to improve compound sustainability and resiliency.
• Respond to critical service (Power/Water) outages and effect service restoration in a safe and expedient matter.
• Manage and oversee the operation, calibration, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and repair to all mechanical and electrical equipment systems and electric/pneumatic control systems on site.
• Interpret work orders and associated specifications, operating manuals/procedures and technical publications in order to properly schedule work and provide advice to workers.
• Conduct or arrange for worker training in utilities operational procedures; repair, and maintenance techniques; and equipment use.
• Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, type of utilities services and skill of personnel.
• Monitor work locations in order to detect unsafe work conditions and implement on the spot corrections and process improvements as required.
• Participate in budget preparation, capital expenditure reviews, coordinating purchasing, and monitoring expenditures.
• Liaison with State department s Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations on commissioning and operational integration of ongoing and future engineering projects.
• Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
• Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
• Ten (10) years of experience operating and emergency power systems, medium voltage power distribution, and prime power generation systems over 20 MW of generating capacity.
• Experience managing more than one functional area in similar environments.
• Experience developing and managing maintenance programs and systems including service scheduling as well as maintaining stock levels for O&M parts, materials, and tools through the lens of aggressive cost control.
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience working on comparable overseas USG contracts in austere remote environments such as Polar Services, LOGCAP, AFCAP or USG FMS programs.
• Working knowledge Maximo.
• Working knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and non-destructive testing methodology
• Experience operating and maintaining bulk & retail fuel storage, fuel transfer operations, fuel accountability, and fuel distribution systems.
• Knowledge of water production (ROWPU) and distribution systems as well as wastewater treatment plant operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of applicable U.S. Codes (NFPA, NEC, API, EPA) and accepted trade practices.
• Ability to utilize data driven metrics to analyze system and operational performance
• Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and propose actionable solutions.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and technical documentation.
• Knowledge and experience regarding occupational hazards of the electrical and mechanical trades, related safety precautions and considerable skill required for the installation, maintenance and repair of power generation and water/waste water treatment systems and equipment.
• Experience training local and foreign nationals in operations and maintenance of similar equipment.
• Education: Bachelor Degree in Science from an accredited college or university. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
• Licenses and Certifications:
• Valid driver s license from home of record.
• Certifications relating to power plant and central plant operations
• Security Vetting: Possess an active DoD or DoS Secret clearance or be able to obtain a favorable Secret clearance prior to being hired. Must maintain eligibility for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: Strong oral and written English communication skills.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is required.
• Medical: Successfully complete medical, drug and dental examinations as required for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain requirements for duration of deployment.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Prefer candidate have actual experience management power plant maintenance programs on large industrial generators (> 2 MW) and/or other large diesel engines (MHE/Marine).
• Knowledge of power synchronization controls, power AC protective relays, and power transformer maintenance
• Knowledge and experience with balance of plant, and industrial evaporative cooling systems
• Knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership, service delivery methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
• Excellent, communication, organization and time management skills.