Performshigh-voltage (415 volt to 11 kV) electrical work involving the installation,operation, maintenance, repair and testing of high voltage electrical powergeneration and distribution systems to include facilities and related systems,transformers, generators, switchgear, metering and control systems, equipment,machinery and power appliances to within acceptable national (NEC) and local (MEW)codes, safety rules and electrical standards. Exhibits superior workmanship and focus on a quality end product. Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)to ensure all tasks are accomplished safely and with a focus upon aquality. Verifies actual hours worked bypersonnel to reduce manpower expenditure. Completes tasks in accordance with the local Environmental, Safety andHealth directives. Addresses customerconcerns in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Correctly captures data on maintenance workorder requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms for upload intothe Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo).
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Accountable for, and ensures a safe and effectiveoperation of the power plant facility
2. Usesa Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) database to track workorders, request material and update work order statuses as needed
3. Analyzes equipment data and trends; formulates changesto the maintenance program procedures as needed
4. Works to eliminate unscheduled outages
5. Performs installation, maintenance and repair ofall electrical, generator, transformer, switchgear, power grid, substation andload center equipment
6. Tests circuits, power grids, transformers,switchgear and controls demonstrating the proper use of meters, high-voltagetesters, meggers and similar testing equipment to measure the integrity ofelectrical components and detect faults, hazards and the need for adjustments,relocation and or replacement
7. Works on breakers, transformers, RTS or Protest relay testing, oiltesting, infrared scanning, automatic transfer switching, performing start-upon switchgear up through 500kV class, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
8. Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED:
1. Abasic set of hand and power tools used on the job
2. Testsets and other generator/power plant maintenance related tools/equipment
3. Repairparts used on various types and sizes of generators and other power plantequipment
Duties will involve the conduct of work in theoutdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions includingfrequent dust storms, and high temperatures up to 130F degrees in the summermonths. Potential exposure to chemicalor biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas isrequired. PPE includes but is notlimited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protectivedevices. Normal work week is 48 hours,but must be able to work overtime or shift work as required.
Physicalrequirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or otherphysical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity,hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this sectioncarefully; any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the majorjob activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities,visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information.