• Division/ Department: CPO I ETS I Civil Engineering Department;
• Reports to: PPS Project Engineer;
• Location: Site Based.
• B.Sc. in Civil Engineering;
• 10 years progressive experience in civil engineering for infrastructure or power projects;
• Professional Certifications; PE and PMP or equivalent (preferred);
• 5 years project engineering experience for nuclear facilities, including Security Systems (preferred).
• Provide Project Engineering support for BNPP Physical Protection System (PPS) Phases 1 to 4;
• The PPS Civil Engineer is responsible to develop and manage PPS Design Documentation meeting FANR and CICPA requirements and to perform engineering services during construction including responding to requests for Information (RFls), interpreting design documents, managing design change, processing field change requests, reviewing material submittals, conducting field walk downs etc.;
• The PPS has numerous internal and external stakeholders and the ENEC PPS Project Team itself includes multiple contractors performing design and construction; therefore, PPS Civil Engineer responsibilities include extensive coordination and communication with stakeholders and contractors to ensure successful delivery.
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Activity: HSE
Responsibility: Follow all relevant company s HSE policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure HSE compliance in all aspects of work in accordance with sound management practices by applying these HSE policies and procedures to self and others to take reasonable care for the health and safety of people, or the environment, who are at the employee's place of work who may be affected by the employees acts or omissions at work.
2. Activity: Requests for Information (RFls) and Deliverable Technical Reviews (DTR).
Responsibility: Understand related ENEC procedures and lead initiation and response to RFls and DTRs generated across the PPS Project. Interface with Project internal and external stakeholders and other ENEC organizations as required to research responses to RFls, perform reviews of contractor deliverables, and to develop formal responses. Take ownership to complete both technical and administrative aspects of process with excellence.
3. Activity: Problem Solving
Responsibility: Lead resolution of project issues as assigned. Issues may be technical or non-technical and related to design or construction. This includes researching and defining the problem properly, developing and evaluating options, facilitating a decision, and leading implementation as applicable. Bring solutions to the table when there are problems.
4. Activity: Design Contractor Oversight
Responsibility: Related to ENEC's Civil/ MEP Works appointed design contractors, take responsibility to understand requirements and to monitor Contractor's work. Facilitate communication; provide Contractor with data required to progress the designs; coordinate reviews and resolve issues; and facilitate completion of design documentation regardless of obstacles. Requires broad understanding of Civil Engineering for buildings and infrastructure.
5. Activity: Project Engineering
Responsibility: As assigned, be responsible to form and lead cross-functional teams to perform assigned tasks. Understand schedules and concept of critical path. Understand basic design and construction management processes. Delegate work and follow up to verify completion. Conduct effective meetings. Create and make presentations on project technical issues to internal and external Stakeholders.
6. Activity: Procurement and Contract Administration Support
Responsibility: Represent ENEC engineering for PPS procurement and contract administration activities. For procurements, prepare statements of work, coordinate drawings and specifications, support pre-bid meetings, respond to clarification questions and perform technical bid evaluations, etc. for contract administration, provide support to work verification activities, invoice processing, change management activities, etc.
7. Activity: Construction Support
Responsibility: Support ENEC Construction Management and ENEC Construction Contractors through inspection support and response to questions, processing design changes and Field Change Requests, preparation of as-built drawings, etc. Liaise with ENEC design contractors as required for necessary support.
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Internal Relationships: CNO (Operations), CCO (Commercial), CPO (Construction) and other relevant departments within ENEC.
• External Relationships: ENEC design and construction contractors. Stakeholders including CICPA and FANR and all other external agencies and organizations. Communicate and co-ordinate with the Contractors at all levels of project execution.
• Broad technical competence in Civil Engineering for buildings and infrastructure;
• Ability to effectively coordinate engineering and interface with contractors & stakeholders;
• Nuclear Safety awareness and knowledge of nuclear safety design principals;
• Knowledgeable about project management tools and systems;
• Excellent in MS Office Skills.
• Respect for Safety & Security;
• Integrity and Transparency;
• Communication Effectiveness;
• Results Focus;
• Working Effectively and Efficiently;
• Customer Focus;
• Error Prevention.
• Strong professional oral and written English communication skills.