Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? Curious and constantly seek for creativity?
Canon is looking for a rock-star Communications, PR & Social Media Manager to join our Marketing Services team. Reporting directly to the Corporate Communications and Marketing Services Director, you ll serve as the brand storyteller, overseeing content development and PR/social programs that grow, promote and elevate the visibility of the Canon brand.
As PR and Social Media Manager, you ll use your proven skills and expertise to amplify the marketing and communications through earned and social media. You will own Canon s ability to be the most recognized in Imaging Innovation categories. You will be our go-to expert for developing and writing compelling news stories that generate positive, targeted headlines, and effective social media posts to maximize their reach.
Key responsibilities include public relations and content strategy development, social media strategy, best-in-class implementation, day-to-day execution, and agency management. The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, is collaborative and has a passion for inspiring the next generation through story telling.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
• Partner with our PR agency to create, execute, and manage reputation plans and external comms strategies that effectively inform, engage, and motivate target audiences, generate awareness, drive conversion and reinforce brand equity at every point along the journey.
• Leverage messages, positions, product launches, and research to drive Canon's share of voice in earned media
• Shape and drive product review programs, with a targeted rollout plan intended to support and influence positive consumer reviews.
• Manage the relationship and work of communications agency partners to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of budget and plans
• Provide an external perspective to Canon leadership team (primarily based on the news cycle, media and analyst feedback, and social monitoring)
• Engage with influential external stakeholders, key opinion leaders, and communities to increase brand awareness
• Assess timely industry events and make a recommendation for Canon s participation based on a media or reputation ROI; own participation including concept, event planning, partner coordination, contracted support, media relations, and post-event review
• Develop, implement and manage Canon s social and content marketing strategies, collaborating with stakeholders to determine scope, messaging, channels & budget.
• Develop content and creative programs that convey the brand promise and help bring the Canon story to life (social influencers, blogs, customer stories, etc.)
• Manage earned media & organic social media calendar and metrics across channels
• Analyze the success of programs and communicate results to support recommendations for future programs
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
• Has a passion for photography and printing
• 5-7 years experience in PR, social media, influencer and content strategy. Experience in social media marketing for lead generation and branding.
• Demonstrated success of PR/social campaigns and programs that have helped drive rapid adoption of new products in emerging categories
• Proven ability to own both the narrative and the results
• Exceptional writing/editing skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of Canon. An outstanding writer and speaker with a passion for storytelling and finding compelling story ideas from virtually anywhere.
• Knowledge of social media/networking platforms and monitoring tools
• An impressive, measurable track record of using PR and social media to proactively generate news coverage and discussions that speak to your target audience.
• Adept at building consensus and gaining cross-functional alignment with peers and senior leaders
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to clearly convey strategies, tactics, rationale and results to peers, agencies and executive stakeholders
• Team player with the ability to handle pressure.
• Proven ability to thrive in a self-driven, fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders, changing priorities and minimal direction.
• Experience in Marketing Communications / PR role supporting growth phase subscription revenue business.
• Photography and printing experience
You will need
- Business Acumen
- Custome Focus
- Creative thinking
- Self Management