The Communications department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (e.g. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event.
The team of Press Officers are responsible for detailed media engagement in all its various forms. This will include responding to written requests for information, preparing briefings for eventual media consumption, as well as organising and preparing official spokespeople for press and broadcast interviews. The Press Officers will also be responsible for briefing media as required face-to-face. They will also have a key event-time role preparing briefings and helping the rest of the Media Operations with the Daily Media Briefing.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Help manage Expo 2020 Dubai communications and publicity requirements across multiple functions;
- Establish and foster key internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Prepare official spokespeople for media interviews and news conferences;
- Craft tailored PR campaigns including target-audience selection, engagement strategies and tactics;
- Write effective and engaging materials, including but not limited to media pitches, statements to media, PR plans, media and consumer Q&As, key messages and other documents related to corporate initiatives and announcements;
- Collaborate with Expo 2020 Dubai stakeholders (i.e. Official Partners and International Participants) to publicise their messaging to global audiences;
- Plan and prepare for Daily Media Briefings (DMB) at event-time including preparation of DMB host and Expo spokespeople.