The Principal Administrative Assistant carries out varied assigned tasks requiring knowledge of office protocol and demonstrates an understanding of the organization, programs and procedures related to the work of the office.
• Types and proofreads documents, correspondence and forms.
• Coordinates and sets up meetings and conferences, arranges travel and works on special projects.
• Maintains schedules of one or more individuals.
• Sets up and maintains manual and electronic filing systems.
• Coordinates and processes general administrative work such as time sheets, vacation requests, supply requisitions, etc.
• Photocopies, faxes and scans documents as required.
• Assures effective mail and package distribution.
• Assists Employees and Managers with general administrative requests.
• Ensures law firms are engaged according to company procedures; works closely with law firms/vendors and A/P regarding invoice payments/processing.
• Maintains legal matter information in the legal matter management database.
• Conducts first pass review of legal invoices to ensure compliance with Billing Guidelines; prepares check requests; logs external legal spend in matter management database.
• Receives, reviews and distributes Service of Process notifications; serves as company liaison with service provider; uploads SOP documents in matter management application.
• Performs additional assignments under supervisor’s direction.
• High school diploma, plus strong, proven experience working in an administrative assistant role preferably in a large corporation.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office and other related software skills required; Advanced skill in operating a personal computer, various printers, fax machine, scanner and other office equipment are necessary.
• In-depth knowledge of business procedures, letter and report formats.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, to write correspondence and memos.
• Able to effectively present information to co-workers and the general public.
• Strong organizational, multitasking, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff as well as outside third-party service providers and law firms.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in the English language.
• Prior law firm or corporate legal department experience a plus; Experience supporting General Counsel a plus.
• Must be fluent in the English language.
• Understanding of local UAE licensing and business registration requirements is a plus.