Principal Consultant Digital Workplace (VMware)
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Multiple Positions)
• Subject Matter Expert capable to articulate expertly solutions through written or verbal methods.
• Be able to troubleshoot complex problems quickly and effectively.
• Configures and implements a suite of VMware virtualization technologies and concepts.
• Plan, design, implementation and maintain compute, storage and network infrastructure to support multiple Enterprise GEO-locations
• Define and implement comprehensive automation processes for VMware, including creating scripts for recurring system tasks and proactive monitoring.
• Develop and implement tactical and strategic plans for VMware environment
• Advanced PowerShell / PowerCLI scripting skills
• Performing the installation, configuration and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server
• Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager, Vmware Workspace ONE, Identity manager, etc.
• Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware
• Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
• Analyzing and troubleshooting VMware vSphere physical hardware and virtual machine performance
• Design and implement convergent technologies such as VMware VSAN
• Design and implement Virtual Desktop Infrastructure modules and tools such as VMWare Horizon View, Application Virtualization, and Stateless VDI
• Accountable to lead and guide the completion of major programs and projects
• Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in technical and business discussions with clients, teammates, vendors, partners and /or upper level managers
• Ability to manage and/or lead cross-functional teams for customer engagements
• Proven success oriented professional attitude
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience and in-depth understanding of Active Directory, DNS and other Windows core services.
• Knowledge and experience with designing, deploying and maintaining Vmware infrastructure
Desired active certificates:
• VCAP7-DTM Certification or higher is highly desired.
• ITIL Foundation Level Certification.
• CompTIA Security+, VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DCV), Familiarity with Enterprise IT environments, tools, data management policies and architectures, and organizations.
• Experience with IT service management best practices.