DNV GL is looking for a versatile, well structured, and highly motivated consultant to help shape and implement the vision and strategy for its policy, technology and sustainability market development efforts in the Middle East & Africa.
This role is based in Dubai and requires international travel, especially in the Middle East and Africa.
Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas is desired:
• Project and stakeholders management in complex, high profile projects
• Policy and regulatory studies working with industry stakeholders (examples: ratepayer & societal cost/benefit analysis, tariff studies, grid impact studies, distributed generation regulations, water regulations)
• New grid technologies & clean energy (examples: technoeconomic assessments for smart grids, EVs, storage)
Excellent writing and strong interpersonal, communications, consulting and presentation skills are a must. 15 years' experience with exceptional project and stakeholders management capabilities. Candidates must have a proven ability to build coalitions between diverse groups of policy makers, large businesses, regulators and other government entities.
Additionally, this candidate will be expected to participate in all facets of DNV GL's business, leading strategy consulting initiatives and related presentations and workshops around the region.
Successful candidate is expected to wear many hats; roles will include:
• Management: Candidate is expected to independently manage other employees, subcontractors, regulatory & strategy documents etc. They are required to self-manage his or her time and workload and manage expectations of clients.
• Project Management: Candidate is required to self-manage their time and workload, as well as a diverse group of internal and external team members, from project scope to execution.
• Business Development : Candidate is expected to play a key role in developing new market development clients for DNV GL, including managing proposal writing and powerpoint presentations as necessary. This may include regular speaking engagements at industry conferences/events globally.
• Market Research : Candidate is expected to support the team by directly executing qualitative and quantitative market analysis and/or supervising DNV GL analysts to better understand market trends and company specific information
• Demonstrated interest in energy (consulting or industry) working for a Big 4 or strategy consulting
• At least 15 years of work experience in a related field
• Exceptional projet management skills, also written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts and information in a simple manner
• Well structured approach and results oriented (critical); ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to manage teams (internal, delivery) and projects end to end, with minimal supervision
• Experience in consulting lifecycle (contractuals, approvals, KPIs)
• Attention to detail and strong quantitative skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact independently up and down the organization and with clients, members, utilities and international partners. Mature professional demeanor
• Experience in the Middle East and Africa would be an advantage
• Cultural understanding of the Middle East environment