At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
Principal Hardware Engineer
The Principal Hardware Engineer will lead a team of engineers to design the hardware for a high speed RF modem operating in the 1GHz to 2Ghz range. He will be responsible for the physical design of the product including Hardware, Mechanical, Environmental as well as product Certification.
• Generate detailed product specifications including electrical, mechanical, environmental and EMI/EMC from high level requirements
• Lead responsibility for HW design of the main PCB which will included RF circuitry, High speed ADC/DACs, FPGA, DSP, DDRx RAM and microcontrollers.
• Analog/RF, digital and mixed signal modelling which includes PCB layout and signal integrity for high speed interfaces including SERDES operating at over 10G.
• HW design of high efficiency power supplies
• Lead responsibility for mechanical design including industrial design, thermal, shock and vibration and EMI/EMC compliance
• Test, verification and certification of the product
• Bachelor s or Master s or PHD Degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communication or related field
• 8+ years of working experience in Hardware Product design
• Experience in all stages of Hardware product development
• Experience with high speed ADC/DAC design including SERDES interfaces
• Experience with FPGA, DSP, DDRx Memory and Microcontroller designs
• Good understanding of EMI/EMC compliance requirements
• Familiarity with RF design tools, Signal integrity simulation tools and PCB layout tools
• Lab Equipment including Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes and Spectrum Analyzers
• Experience with full product qualification with at least one product
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we re turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you ll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you ll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you ll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won t have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You ll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
DarkMatter is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status or disability.