We are looking for Principal Metallurgist
The Principal Metallurgist shall be responsible for the design, review, and verification of engineering on assigned projects to ensure safe, reliable, high quality, fit for purpose design in addition to providing consultancy services and studies to SABIC Affiliates. As a specialist, he shall be responsible for developing/updating COMPANY Standards and Guidelines related to Materials, Welding, NDE & Corrosion Engineering. He shall also be responsible for providing training, coaching, mentoring & transfer technical skills to subordinates and juniors.
Job Specific Skills
To be competent in the following areas:
• Working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, applicable code & standard associated with inspection of plant/equipment and familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures. Deep knowledge of relevant international codes, standards such as ASME Sec VIII Div.1 /2, ASME, ASTM, AWS, TEMA, API 571, 577, 580, 934 NACE, Industrial practices, etc.
• Familiar and Experience with Corrosion Software Such as ECE, PREDICT & other applicable software to industry.
• Experience in Reviewing of Licensor Materials, Welding and Corrosion Engineering Document.
• Experience in Preparation and Reviewing of Material Selection Diagram, Material Selection Report & Material Selection Table.
• Well Experience in Metallurgical Engineering with various ferrous and non- ferrous metal.
• Familiar with non-metallic material such as GRP/FRP, PVC/CPVC, Rubber Lining, PTFE Lined and Glass Lining application is value added advantage.
• Well Experience in fabrication, welding and testing of Low Alloy Steel, High Alloy Steel, Solid/Clad steel, and Corrosion Resistance Alloy steel.
• Familiar and Experience in Reviewing of GA, Fabrication Drawing, Specialty Drawing and Detail Drawings from metallurgical perspective.
• Familiar and Experience in Reviewing of WPS/PQR, WELD MAP/WELD PLAN, PWDS, NDE MAP and Heat treatment Instruction Sheet
• Familiar and Experience in Reviewing of NDE Procedure, PMI Procedure, PWHT Procedure and Other Heat Treatment Procedure from Metallurgical Engineering Perspective.
• Familiar and Experience in Reviewing of Inspection Test Plan & Quality Assurance/Control Documents from Metallurgical Engineering Perspective.
• Required well experience in investigation subject to materials, corrosion and welding failures
• Sound judgment in technical matters with good skills in engineering field materials specifications, integrity inspection, plant design optimization/modification and applicable code &standards.
• Train, coach and mentor