A Senior Civil Engineer who will achieve strategic objectives related to health, safety, environmental responsibilities and client expectations on ongoing and upcoming projects with specific experience in the areas of hydrology, flood studies, highway and urban drainage systems design.
The candidate will report to their local Team Leader but form strong collaborative relationships with relevant company staff locally, regionally and globally.
The requisite engineer will be based in Dubai/Sharjah within the Water Civil team.
The team deals with a range of public and private sector clients and provides specialist technical advisory and project management services on water industry projects in the Middle East.
The principal function of this position is to:
Strengthening Jacobs presence (technically and commercially) in the MENA market place, raising awareness of our services, leading to further growth of the water resources engineering and urban water group.
• Nurturing, stretching and developing the technical skills of more junior colleagues.
• Identifying and delivering technical innovation in order to improve efficiency of project and bid delivery processes and to ensure effective dissemination of latest industry methodologies and tools and guidelines.
• Supervising delivery of water resources engineering and modelling outputs to time and budget, as appropriate.
• Developing and use your experience and industry contacts to develop new business and provide inputs to tenders and proposals.
• Supporting delivery teams to communicate project outputs to internal and external clients through verbal and written communications.
• Delivering proposals and projects to agreed time, budget and quality targets.
• Compliance with technical governance arrangements.
• Training and mentoring of junior team members.
• Input to technical elements of winning proposals to time deadlines and budgets.
• Work with project and project delivery managers, to ensure delivery of successful work packages to client satisfaction and commercial targets.
• Seek to develop technical competitive advantage by seeking out opportunities to provide added value to clients.
• Responsibility for Quality Assurance of projects and outputs from junior staff.
This is a key role in strengthening Jacobs presence (technically and commercially) in the MENA market place.
Experience of working in computer aided design environment with practical knowledge and experience of current industry standard software used in modelling and design of hydrology, urban drainage and water resources engineering.
• Flood and low flow hydrological analysis and flood risk assessments with/without climate change.
• Hydraulic design and sizing of medium to large sized urban drainage networks, including pollution control and Sustainable Drainage Systems.
• Design of highway and infrastructure drainage works including cross drainage structures, conveyance structures, erosion/scour protection and flood mitigation/attenuation works.
• Understanding of groundwater related issues and assessment/design of land drainage systems.
• Ability to understand, prepare and apply design standards and criteria of/for municipalities and other regulatory authorities.
• Ability to read, understand, interpret, prepare or amend technical specifications.
• Ability to prepare and present accurate and concise technical notes, reports and presentations in English.
• Excellent computer skills in a variety of software packages including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Experience of working in the Middle East with a municipality or reputed international consultancy firm.
• Practical knowledge of contract conditions e.g. FIDIC red and/or yellow books
• Experience in the development of design drawings, specifications, tender and bid documents.
• Demonstrable technical expertise in water resources engineering and modelling, ideally covering aspects of water quantity and quality modelling, with reviewing experience including recommendations for overcoming problems.
• Commercial awareness and evidence of ability to deliver water resource projects to time and budget.
• Experience leading, coordinating, and managing design (and construction) services for water and/or multi-disciplinary projects on behalf of clients.
• Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering. Master s degree or other post graduate qualifications in the fields of water resources/environmental/earth sciences or allied fields will be added advantage.
• Professional Registration with appropriate Institution (P.E, ICE, CIWEM, etc.) will be preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years experience.