1. Review of vendor’s documents, drawings, datasheets, specifications and calculations.
2. Estimation / engineering work related to bids.
3. Ensuring planned engineering (process) progress with respect to the engineering deliverables for Tenders (as required) and awarded Projects, process engineering planning & scheduling, preparation of progress reports, manpower & resource forecasts, time schedules of engineers, utilization of resources effectively & efficiently.
4. Activity planning, work scheduling, assigning responsibilities to Engineers & Draftsmen, and monitoring to meet the project schedule with resource optimization.
5. Preparation / review of PFD, P&ID’s, project specific specifications, design calculation / analysis, procurement specification.
6. Pump selection and line sizing as per process requirements
7. PSV inlet and out let sizing
8. Interface with other disciplines, user departments and Clients.
9. Process Design & Detail Engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, Process Optimization, sizing & selection of equipment’s etc. for Tenders (as required) and for awarded Projects. Review of Clients tender documents, specifications, datasheets, verification of FEED design & calculations.
10. Basic & detail Design Engineering activities for the assigned project(s) in Petrochemical Plants, Oil & Gas Plants, Offshore Drilling Rigs etc., in accordance with the Company procedures.
11. Preparation of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P & I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, HAZOP Studies & reports, Operation & maintenance manuals etc. and providing necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments.
12. To ensure proper division of work & responsibility among the process engineers, providing proper guidance & integration of work done, ensuring good, positive & healthy working nature among the team of engineers to ensure optimum productivity & efficiency.
13. Preparation & Issue of RFQ’s, evaluation of vendor’s quotations, clarifications, Technical Bid Analysis etc.
14. Participation and closeouts of HAZID/HAZOP reviews and work shops
15. Flare load summary and flare analysis
16. Material balance and energy balance studies
17. SIL studies and PHSER participation