We are looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join our team in Abu Dhabi.
Job responsibilities :
• Purchasing materials on behalf of the Business according to required technical specifications, price, delivery schedule, and terms
• Work on RFI/RFP/RFQ, tendering & initiating purchase orders according to the purchase requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures through ERP
• Ensure timely completion and closure of all procurement processes including tendering, sourcing, vendor evaluation, and selection, negotiation, contracting, etc.
• Overseeing supplier performance (on-time delivery, quality, lead time) and resolving performance issues
• Track purchase orders order acknowledgment with suppliers, prepare and communicate lead times, delivery dates, shortage, and backlog reports, and provide visibility of potential interruptions to internal stakeholders
• Conducting all Procurement & Logistics activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures
• Maintaining procurement tracker, reports and work closely with inventory specialist on maintaining the inventory
• Prepare reports on various procurement KPI.
• 4 years of experience in technology procurement with a concentration on Electronic components & IT parts
• Deep understanding of procurement cycle and hands-on experience with purchasing contracts
• Strong market knowledge and experience in working across various functions, businesses, and regions
• Good understanding of UAE VAT Laws and Import- Export procedures in UAE
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel & PowerPoint
• Experience of working in an R&D /Manufacturing environment will be an advantage
• Work experience on ERP system- Oracle EBS is preferred
• Ability to cope with the pressure of having to make important decisions and meet tight deadlines
• Needs to be obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
• Degree from a recognized university with a concentration on Electronics, IT, or similar.
• Active person
• Team player
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
• Excellent English
• Short notice period is a plus.