Provide coordination through functional leadership within the Offshore Operations shift team to ensure safe, effective, efficient and reliable operation associated with both the Main Offshore Complex & Remote Wellhead facility. Communicate, direct and oversee a team of DCS Panel and Field operators in accordance with company policies and procedures, including the implementation and administration of the company permit to work system.
Key Job Accountabilities
• Liaise with onshore to co-ordinate and monitor the day-to-day operation, including support facilities to ensure the daily production targets are achieved by following safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally sound practices, whilst recommending process or safety improvements opportunities, when identified.
• Participate in ongoing reviews of offshore policies, strategies, standards and safety procedures concerning operations within the offshore facility environment.
• Coordinate as Operations Lead within the Offshore Emergency Incident Response Team.
• Lead operations shift team to ensure appropriate resource allocation for operational and first line maintenance activities.
• Administrate and implement the company permit to work system by acting as the PTW Issuing Authority whilst providing feedback and recommendations to offshore management staff when areas for improvement are identified.
• Provide support for all Remote Wellhead visits by a combined Operations & Maintenance team to achieve planned activity objectives and goals within a safe working environment.
• Assist in the development of new procedures based on any new equipment installation and assists in operating procedures reviews, drawing updates, risk assessments and risk resolution when identified
• Coordinate and lead troubleshooting incidents or upset conditions within the offshore facilities to ensure mitigation to any unplanned Volumetric Downtime (VDT) and prepare for submission any Production Loss Accounting System (PLAS) report.
• Ensure offshore chemical stock inventory is tracked and sufficient to meet volumes while provide feedback and input for the offshore operations budget in relationship to chemical consumption for dry gas processing.
• Provide coaching and conduct training for new employees to assist in their understanding of the various offshore process systems and facilities.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent Higher National Diploma (HND) in an Engineering discipline.
Knowledge and/or Experience
• 8 years diversified Oil and Gas or Chemical Industry experience within Engineering, Operations or Maintenance.
• 5 years Oil & Gas or Chemical industry experience at a Supervisory level.
• 3 years DCS process panel operator experience.
Technical and Business Skills
• Leadership & team skills.
• Able to work under pressure, with the ability to function and react in a high stress environment whilst being able to make clear and rational decisions.
• Analytical skills, able to undertake troubleshooting of an advanced nature in the DCS and Process arena, including cause and effect & record data analysis.
• Good computer skills, SAP, Meridian and Microsoft applications
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English, whilst being experience in working and communicating within a multi-national workforce.