About the company:
We are a leading Industrial Packaging/Packaging Solutions company in the Middle East present over more than 42 years, providing large Steel Drums, Tinplate Packaging, Plastic & Co polymer Packaging. We are catering to wide varieties of companies such as lubricants, chemicals, food industry, paints and agrochemicals, etc.
We have grown into one of the region’s largest and most trusted packaging supplier. We are specialized in manufacturing, Food Cans, Paint & Industrial Cans and Tinplate Pails & Components. We are the leader in manufacturing of Steel Drums, Plastic Drums and Plastic Pails, etc.
Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Degree
Hands-on experience in setting up and troubleshooting of complete manufacturing line of Tinplate Components such as round lids, irregular can lids, pail lug lids, wire handles, clips earlugs etc. as listed below:
1. Strip, sheet, coil feed press with CNC controls.
2. Tandem feed press.
3. High Speed CNC sheet feed press complete with down line equipment for curling, lining, vision inspection system and automatic sleeve packing.
4. Proficient in engineering drawing and reverse engineering of product.
5. Working knowledge of press tool design/maintenance of all stamping/blanking/punching toolings used in tinplate can components manufacturing.
6. Implementing tooling change overs and restarting the production.
7. Sound knowledge of Tin Can Component Manufacturing Standards, Quality Assurance Systems and Procedures.
8. Sound knowledge of tinplate component welding processes and machinery.
a) Skills & Knowledge Required:
This position requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to establish the root cause and implement corrective action
Knowledge of continuous improvement tools such as TPM, Kaizen, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing is an asset for the position.
Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Power point etc.)
Demonstrated leadership, decision-making, teamwork and organizational skills
Understanding of and adherence to relevant Safety and Environmental requirements
Ability to resolve conflict and effective negotiation skills
Ability to effectively promote safe work practices and motivate others to follow your lead
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Identify and implement process improvements
Attention to detail and highly organized
Experience in can making and packaging equipment is a definite asset.
b) Additional Requirements:
Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
Preference would be given to incumbents who would have worked in Tinplate Can Manufacturing plants.
c) Key Skills Required:
Project Management skills
Organisation and efficiency
Leadership and interpersonal skills
Problem solving skills
IT and numerical skills
Team working skills
d) Work Experience:
At least 8 to 12 years of experience in a large Tinplate Can Components Manufacturing Company of repute.