Main purpose of the job :
Manage all resources of the Production Department of the Rubber Factory (Man, Materials, Machines and Methods) in an optimal way so as to optimize production and meet delivery schedules assuring quality of the products manufactured, minimizing wastage of material and employee & machine time, leading all operations in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications in full compliance with Company's Policies on OHS & Environment. Maintain Technological lead in all product categories of the Factory and provide leadership in new products and process development. Lead the team of production staff and officers.
• Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
• Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
• Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
• Direct and coordinate production process, delivery and after-sales service.
• Train, evaluate and appraise staff, recommend rewards as per Company policy, resolve personnel grievances and maintain personnel records.
• Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
• Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
• Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use,
technological advances, and statistical studies.
• Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
• Review plans and confer with research, technical and support staff to develop new products and processes.
• Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations
and time constraints.
• Review production orders for all parameters and information required for production and then set the planning and scheduling process in motion.
• Review routing sheets, fix the time of each operation, set up time, die change time, hold time etc. for planning, scheduling and productivity monitoring.
• Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of input materials and raw products or directing testing during receipt/ processing, so as to ensure that finished products are of prescribed quality.
• Prepare and maintain production reports, KPI reports and other performance reports.
Qualification & Requirements:
• University Degree in Engineering/Technology in Polymer or Mechanical Engineering stream
• Minimum eight years' industrial experience in supervisory/ managerial capacity; out of which minimum three years should be in a Rubber Factory with full responsibility for Production Management.
• Understands requirement stated in ISO 9001.
• Basic knowledge of computer and general applications such as email and office tools.
• Knowledge of Production Planning & Control.
• Knowledge of the concept and fundamentals of LEAN manufacturing.