As a seasoned Ops Engineer, you have a sense of ownership and responsibility for the applications of your squad. Your mission is to drive the Bank towards achieving its stated ambition to become the most experience focused bank in the region. We re not happy with just being up there we want to be world class and recognized for it. As we move into a Live Production service, we need highly-skilled operators. KSA has unique requirements around data sovereignty, so we will need people onsite for this critical role. We are not looking for traditional support, but rather we are looking for someone highly-skilled, able to triage and investigate issues, and work closely with the other engineers.
• You must be able to support rapid development and scaling, our products are built on Cloud and/or containers.
• You will work closely with your team of platform engineers, ensuring both the smooth running and monitoring of the application, and the production environment.
• You will have professional hands-on experience running Kubernetes in Production environments and experience with Cloud and Kubernetes platforms
• Sys Admin, development or SRE background is preferable - someone who can build tools and processes to support and automate their job.
• Experience with one or more major Cloud providers (Oracle, AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience deploying and supporting services within regulated environments
• Experience in Agile and Continuous Delivery practices, continuously improving and automating IT services, embracing new evolution and challenges.
As a Production Operator you need to work collaboratively in an agile environment in order to excel and have the following:
• Pro-active, assertive and a good communicator
• Exceptional operational/engineering skills, high energy and motivational drive
• 5+ years supporting modern mobile applications and production services.
• Sys Admin, development or SRE background is preferable someone who can build tools and processes to support and automate their job.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Previous Financial Services technical support is highly desirable. Experience working with financial services technology will be an advantage
• Whilst speaking Arabic will take you places here, fluency in English is a must.
• Highly customer-centric with a passion to deliver a best-in-class customer experience
• High levels of personal and professional integrity
• An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
• A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
• Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
• Ability to admit when you are wrong and learn from it ready to share news, no matter how bad you think it is
• Ability to encourage followership, motivate and develop a diverse group of people towards a challenging goal
• Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
• A collaborative working style.
• A very strong work ethic and a focus on customer delivery.