Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
The program associate, Aden will manage Yemen-related projects, providing technical research, project management, day-to-day operational support and financial management of the project. This position requires professionalism, strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think logically and follow a process through to completion with minimal supervision.
Job Purpose: Provide project operational and technical management.
Location: Aden, Yemen
Travel: Up to 15% required (domestic)
Reporting to: Country Director, Yemen Program
Staff Reporting: N/A
• Independently manage one/many projects, including managing relevant documentation for projects, monitoring project cash flows, synthesizing large amounts of financial data, and communicating with clients and donors.
• Proposal assistance: copying, editing, formatting and distribution; takes part in proposal meeting and keeps relevant notes.
• Provide quantitative research support and analyze data to identify relevant finding and trends. Work closely with Program team to create deliverables for clients.
• Assist in the preparation of meeting materials, including data collection, preparation and assembly of materials.
• Support Country Director, Program Officer and other staff as needed for project MEL activities.
• Logistical support: arranging travel, both domestic and international, including flights, hotels, trains, and local transportation.