In this role you will be responsible for directing all four phases of programs from inception through completion for one or more programs as well as, developing and delivering to the business plans, program scope and specifications, program budgets, financial and commercial contract terms and conditions
You will be required to assist the Head of Programme and Program Team in the preparation and coordination of proposals, conditions and pricing of the program to customer tender requirements and the quality, schedule and cost performance of programs or projects based on the agreed program / project scope.
Responsible for executing, monitoring and controlling the quality, cost and schedule deliverables, risk management and scope to meet or exceed stakeholder and customer expectations
Act as primary contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
Responsible for assigning work to the program/project teams from technical, manufacturing, operations, supply chain and administrative areas
Prepares proposals, business plans, program scope and program management plans, program operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the oversight of projects from beginning to end to ensure their success. Success is defined by, a) Total customer satisfaction, b) Meeting or exceeding financial targets (project P&L management), c) Conduct consistent with the Corporate Values.
• Responsible for developing and managing robust project schedules based on contract requirements to ensure on time delivery of the program by identifying milestones and critical paths.
• Responsible for meeting the financial objectives of the program by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual program budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Tracks the financial performance of the programs and support the commercial team to improve its financial contribution to the business.
• Responsible for identifying and categorizing risks and working with stakeholders to mitigate risks which may impact successful implementation of the program. Keeps external as well as internal stakeholders fully updated on the possible risks in a timely manner such these risks could be mitigated
• Responsible for developing and measuring criteria to monitor program schedules. Reports on Program KPIs, objectives and milestones achievement. Trackers and reports on overall program financials to senior management and customers on a regular basis.
• Work closely with stakeholders to determine program scope, project migration plans and a strategy that meets our customer's needs
• In collaboration with cross functional teams (internal as well as customer) draws up and finalizes detailed migration plans which are then monitored and reported on successful completion.
• Works with customer, clients and internal teams to resolve any issues and barriers which would impact program execution.
• Acts as a liaison between the customer and CoE to ensure project migration activities and requirements are clear and delivered within contractual obligations.
• Responsible for management of the overall cross-functional program teams. Will also provide assistance by providing guidance in problem solving, and directs activities relative to performance of tasks in support of the assigned program requirements
• Responsible for monitoring program schedules commitments and managing possible impacts(s) or change(s) to program requirements
• Responsible for allocating resources and management of the project team. Proactively manages potential conflict and resource constraints
• Support the implementation and maintenance of appropriate project management tools
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor s Degree in a technical field (e.g., engineering, project engineering, systems engineering, operations and computer science) is required.
• MBA or equivalent degree is an advantage
• Arabic speaking or Bi-lingual is preferred but not required
• Project Management Certification (PMI or equivalent) is a must.
• Extensive experience in program and project management in technology, building industries, construction, Baggage Handling Systems, at least 4 of which must have been in a leadership capacity.
• Ability to travel internationally as required for customer related meetings
• Financial and problem-solving skills including carrying out detailed analysis of program performance and presenting mitigation plans.
• Effective in the analysis, verification and preparation of the business case for new programs with validating and preliminary cost estimating, project planning, and risk assessment for a bid proposal response.
• Advanced understanding of contract negotiation and management within Smiths legal governance framework including the ability to negotiate at the highest level
• Strong project planning skills and efficiency in project management
• Demonstrable skills in program and project management tools and methodologies
• Knowledge of projects life cycles