Project Controls Manager
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of energy projects such as renewable energy, conventional power generation, power transmission & distribution, gas & LNG. Tractebel' s ambition is to bring excellent, multidisciplinary engineering skills into shaping a new sustainable living environment.
The working environment
Tractebel Engineering delivers consulting missions in power/water generation, power transmission and distribution, power systems, asset management and natural gas to public and private utilities as well as to energy intensive industry all over the world.
You will be responsible for providing the Project / Product Managers comprehensive scheduling, planning, cost control/ forecasting/ reporting and other administrative support to ensure projects are managed effectively under Energy Business Line.
This role reports operationally into the Head of Energy - Middle East.
The role is based in the UAE with regular travel across the other GCC countries and occasional travel to India and Europe.
Your function -
• You will independently control a portfolio of projects in Tractebel Engineering.
• You have regular contacts with Project Managers, you challenge the financial situations of projects, you monitor the various implementation elements: project handover, invoicing, monitoring of hours, expenditure, fees, taxes, project close out reporting etc.
• You support the Project & Product managers with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities
• You communicate regularly with Finance Department and ensure that the data in the financial system are regularly updated and tools & processes are followed
• You manage the project invoicing plans and procedures.
• You are closely involved in the monthly closing and budgetary exercises.
• You have regular contacts with Product Managers and other TE entities globally concerned.
• You interact with vendors, subcontractors and clients, as necessary
• You are involved in the training of project managers: explanation of financial concepts, use of financial tools, etc.
The candidate shall be a holder of university degree in Engineering (Mechanical , Electrical or Civil) with not less than Ten (10) years' experience or a master in the same specialisation experience in energy projects
• You have a perfect knowledge of English
• You have an excellent command of office tools (MS Office) and you are master with tasks relating to Excel (spreadsheet preparation and management), knowledge of SAP and Salesforce would be an additional asset.
• You have experience in controlling of projects in different jurisdictions with complex subcontracting and invoicing
• You have experience working in engineering service provider, construction management or project management teams.
• You integrate easily in multidisciplinary teams, you are sociable, dynamic and prepared to take initiatives.
• You have a strong analytical mind-set, you are well organised, accurate, rigorous, stress resistant and focused on meeting the schedules.
• You are assertive and defend firmly and clearly your point of view in case of differences of opinion.
What we offer
• An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
• A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
• An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
• A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel Middle-East
Tractebel Engineering delivers consulting missions in power/water generation, power transmission and distribution, power systems, asset management and natural gas to public and private utilities as well as to energy intensive industry all over the world. Tractebel Middle East has its headquarters in Dubai, with additional regional offices in Abu Dhabi, Qatar and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.