• Sustainable Agriculture Investments and Livelihoods Project (SAIL) is a project focus on sustainable agriculture. The SAIL project is designed to diversify rural livelihoods and improve agriculture productivity. SAIL project has several components: i) community and livelihood development, ii) agriculture development and diversification, and iii) rural financial services.
• Under the overall supervision of the Project Executive Director (PED), the Project Coordinator will directly supervise the GEF Coordinator, M&E Unit, and the project components managers. Project Coordinator will be directly in charge of the day-to-day management, operation, execution and coordination of the project activities and to manage the PMU/RPMU staff to guarantee the timely efficient delivery of priority activities.
• Duties &Responsibilities:
• Under the supervision of the Project Executive Director (PED), the Project Coordinator will be in charge of the overall supervision, coordination and management of the project activities from substantive, administrative and financial aspects;
• Applying strategic planning and systematic coordination of Project Management Unit (PMU), Regional Project Management Units (RPMUs), Components / Units to ensure the effective implementation of the project;
• Ensure consistency of the strategy defined, that the dialogue is put in place with the various actors and that transverse themes (poverty, gender, youth, climate change ) are taken into account,
• Manage and monitor day-to-day project performance and overall coordination;
• Ensure effective communication and coordination between project staff / components,define everyone s roles and responsibilities, coach staff and define their objectives, ensure the proper development of their competences;
• Guide and orient efforts and contributions of project partners, service providers and stakeholders (i.e. government counterparts, ADP, MSMEDA, implementing agencies, consulting firms, individual consultants etc.) towards achievement of project objectives;
• Coordinate, review the activities implementation and ensure that the achievements comply with commitments and procedures with quality and timely manner in accordance to the project Annual work plan & Budget (AWP&B) and its relevant Procurement Plan (PP) with the full participation of all stakeholders;
• Ensure transparency and adherence to IFAD, and Government of Egypt procurement guidelines in all procurement processes and transactions;
• Directly supervise the M&E unit and the project GEF coordinator;
• Preparing accurate and timely physical progress reports and financial reports in coordination with PMU following IFAD guidelines;
• Ensure IFAD recommendations and agreed actions are implemented by all components/units;
• Execute the PED s instructions in all issues related to the overall project management;
• Report to PE Don progress and obstacles in the implementation and provide appropriate solutions to facilitate proper implementation.
• Ensure the efficiency and quality of the consultants deliverable s and performance;
• Represent the PED in official events i.e. workshops, conferences, missions, meetings etc;
• Perform other duties that might be required.
More than 10 years