The Project Director / CEO functions at an executive level in an active leadership role overseeing all commissioning activities during the construction period, with peers, medical staff leadership, hospital senior leadership and management team.
• Lead the commissioning team in their delivery of services
• Develop and implement the commissioning plan
• Manage the commissioning activities
• Ensure all design, layout and facilities requirements are met to JCI accreditation standards
• Ensure all policies addressing the detailed operation of the hospital and departments are produced and in place by activation of the hospital
• Ensure all equipment, procurement and ICT plans are met
• Ensure all outsourcing activities are undertaken
• Ensure all operating and financial structures are in place
• Ensure all Corporate services, communications, PR systems and accreditation standards are in place
• Ensure all corporate services, communications, PR systems are in place
• Ensuring the consistent and effective execution of key systems and processes that make effective use of organizational resources.
• Leading a team or unit to enhance product or service quality; driving the business toward enhanced product or service quality.
• Creating a work environment in which employees committed to their organization and feel pride and job ownership.
• Building strategic alliances and partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business strategies.
• Creating an environment in which products and processes are designed to ensure customer satisfaction; effectively incorporating customer perspectives in all business activities.
• Contributing to the development of the organization s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
• Assumes line responsibility and authority for the administrative direction, evaluation, and coordination of the functions and activities of assigned departments within the hospital organization to ensure operation objectives and results are in accord with overall hospital needs.
• In the absence of the hospital CEO and/or as assigned, represents the CEO in the coordination of entire portions of the hospital organization, speaking and acting within the scope of objectives set forth in the practice and/or policy of the hospital.
• Directly responsible for managers overseeing departments and other service lines as assigned by the CEO.
• Directly responsible for the improvement of the hospitals facilities in assigned areas, including construction or renovation of structures and the purchasing of new equipment.
• Responsible for department leaders in establishing a measure of performance, increase productivity, quality improvement, cost controls and efficient utilization of facilities.
• Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor s degree in healthcare, business or a related field from a Western accredited University of College
• Master s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
• At least ten (10) years of COO / CEO or related health system leadership experience in a hospital or clinical setting required.
• Proven track record of significant operating success in developing new hospitals required.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in achieving top quality, safety and clinical excellence outcomes.
• Demonstrated experience in progressive acute care management and refined managerial skills as a COO or CEO or similar executive level experience.
• Demonstrated experience in management techniques, financial management, planning and clinical operations.
• Experience implementing strategic initiatives to promote system development with potential partners in both the community and medical staff relations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
• Certificate in Lean Six Sigma, or other performance improvement disciplines preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
• Experience with Hospital project design, construction, commissioning, and operation
• Current knowledge of Joint Commission, state, and federal guidelines, regulations, and standards required.
• Expert skills in negotiation, coaching, and interpersonal approach.
• Skill in communicating information in an open and sincere manner that promotes credibility (e.g., honest answers to tough questions).
• Skill in recognizing strategic business opportunities resulting from changes in the economic, technological, political/legal, or social environments.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the orientation and the capability of analyzing complex situations using data and responds in a thorough and expeditious manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills in English.
• Ability to build relationships and collaborate with a variety of constituents in a manner that reflects respect and confidence.