The Project Engineer will exhibit genuine interest in solving technical problems through proactively asking questions, clearly communicating and collaborating both internally and externally to grow the business. In addition, the Project Engineer is responsible for understanding our competition and customers and showing initiative to learn and continuously improve company processes.
As appropriate, Project Engineer s will perform a variety of engineering responsibilities, working to engage customers and solve problems; Supporting sales on the full project scope including designing, planning, and testing company systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed in order of relevance:
- Provide O&G and Power Generation Controls domain expertise in a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Review, Develop, and Prepare project documentation and drawings following standards, practices, and use of engineering tools as recommended by the department.
- Communicate with customers, third party project representatives, and others to meet assigned project requirements for safety, quality, budget, and schedule while ensuring regional needs or requirements are built into processes, work instructions or templates globally.
- Travel to customer locations along with Team Lead, Account Managers or Senior Engineer, as necessary, in order to perform pre-sale activities including, site surveys, customer meetings, and other engineering activities.
- Work to proactively identify customer solutions and reinforce compliance to pre-determine standards and execution practices
- Assist in the development and scope of control strategies and software requirements.
- Configure and conduct tests on control systems and develop specifications for third party equipment and instrumentation
- Ensure ERP, Supporting Documentation, Time Allocation, and Scheduled activities are properly recorded
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering required.
- 5+ years of experience in control automation systems engineering or related field Or related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project Management Certification or professional engineering license preferred.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Quality of work and customer Satisfaction
- Time Management and work productivity.
- Team Work to achieve the company goal.
- Work efficiency
- Self-starter with ability to work individually and in teams
- Variance to goals using internal and external milestones
- Comparison of what is sold to what is executed for hours and dollars.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Understanding of, or ability to learn CCC solutions
- Drive End knowledge including Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Reciprocating, and electric motor
- Work end knowledge including, axial, centrifugal and reciprocating compressor, pumps and generators
- Knowledge or ability to learn process Applications including Anti-Surge, Load share, Master, and Generation/ GPP/ Excitation
- Knowledge of PLC migrations
- Knowledge of electric panels design for control system housing and relevant testing
- Understanding of Controls Philosophy and engineering processes
- Basic computer skills; including basic PC setup and Microsoft Office products required.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, speak, and write in English is required.