Business Development & Maximized Stakeholder relationships
• Leads Business development initiatives to increase company s revenue and profitability through licensing, partnership and local manufacturing projects (if applicable)
• Ensures that targeted opportunities are identified, evaluated and, as appropriate, presented to the business effectively and efficiently. These may be in/out licensing, divestment, acquisition or alliance opportunities.
• Manages the relationship with the potential partners in a timely and professional manner; ensures that Amgen remains competitive in 3rd party deal process.
• Provides input into the development and co-ordination of an integrated customer relation management approach in close collaboration with other departments and subject matter experts.
• Positively develops, manages and maintains stakeholder relationships external and internal in Saudi and with ICON as needed.
Commercial Input to New Product Planning
• Conducts market/ customer segmentation and identifies the emotional and rational drivers for each customer segment to develop value added and compelling solutions or offerings.
• Plan integrated cross functional timelines, balancing needs of quality and expediency across the business and build deliverability into launch plans.
• Is key point of contact for list and status of Saudi key business projects, providing advice on best way to manage the specific project and ensuring each project is aligned to PM standards with clear action plans, project teams, objectives, expected benefits and KPI, etc.
• Identifies resources needed, mobilizes project resources for programs and connects to relevant stakeholders for better project outcomes.
• Manages large and complex projects, creating and executing relevant project work plans and revising to meet changing needs and requirements to ensure deliverables are met effectively and efficiently.
• Manages relationships with key business stakeholders and ensures that business requirements are effectively captured, and the impact of project/programs are understood by the business.
• Applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in project management, project planning, budgets and methodologies.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by project teams/leads and provides sign-off prior to engaging business stakeholders.
• Drives collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst project teams.
• Ensures transition plans into business areas and controlled handovers to users and business as usual processes.
Financial budgeting and control
• Entrenches a cost-conscious mindset in the department and monitor and ensure that key activities are delivered within budget.
• Ensures proper management of resources with the aim of optimizing investment and creating maximum return
• Provides quarterly forecasts on the budget and projected year end spend, re-evaluating the budget in line with priorities, market conditions and a thorough understanding of products in the marketplace.
• Ensures speed and cost effectiveness of roll-out of new commercial models.
Team effectiveness and management
• Builds, leads and maintains a first class effective and cohesive ComEx and business development team, providing ongoing leadership and motivation to a diversely representative team of individuals.
• Fosters the learning and development of the team with appropriate level of needs analysis, coaching and support; providing challenging and relevant opportunities for team members to develop their skills and abilities.
• Anticipates and removes obstacles to team performance. Challenges and inspires team members to deliver sales, marketing and launch excellence and achieve results required to succeed.
• Facilitates departmental and cross-functional interactions, communication and support.
• Provides ongoing communication amongst stakeholders & regular feedback to senior management (SMT) on key business strategies such as budget, key commercial changes, key strategic elements, major tactical programs, progress & achievement versus agreed upon Key Performance Indicators.