Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience it s what IBMers do. As we tackle the world s biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we re looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world s top business and technology professionals.
• The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for leading project teams in delivering solutions to external customers. The PM will manage one or multiple projects as part of a program, reporting directly into a Program Management function.
• The PM will own performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management.
• The PM will also be responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, vendors and internal departments. The candidate will be expected to maintain effective communication across all projects stakeholders, and to provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer and program leadership.
• Excellent communication, customer service, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Assist in achieving program business objectives by providing information that will lead to appropriate approval of new requests, planning and resource utilization.
• Strong leadership with proven ability to motivate teams to achieve defined deliverables and work effectively with clients
• Ability to maintain proactive, regular and strategic relationships with key suppliers and strategic partners
• Ability to deliver presentations and demonstrations to clients when required
• Understand the operational workings of technology services including Data Centre models, advanced networks, storage, security, servers, applications and process frameworks