DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- During the Project life cycle, the Planning Engineer shall at least perform the following:
· Three (3) Months Rolling Program showing the activities over a period of Four (4) months. The first month shall show the actual progress achieved prior to the progress cut-off date and the rest shall show the forward planning in the next Three (3) months.
· Weekly Rolling Program , shall include detail all activities in progress or due to commence within the next Four (4) weeks of the program issue date.
· Recovery Schedule , In the event of substantial schedule slippage or out of sequence of works relative to the accepted Baseline Program. The Recovery Program shall identify which activities and milestones that are affected and demonstrate the plans to recover his present delays with focus to justify that delays are caused by others.
· Prepare monthly update of the Program to verify the actual start / finish dates and completed percentage of each activity in the Baseline Schedule with the actual progress on site.
· Monthly Report progress including as minimum Narrative, Primavera Report for Earned Value, monthly progress update, Updated Progress S-Curve, Updated Resource Charts, Diagrammatic layout plans showing physical progress and respective KPI for activities and key materials with tables/charts, Digital progress photo, Commercial Report with updates, QA/QC and HSE updates, Risk Management Matrix with updates, any other item requested by the Engineer/Main Contractor.
· Procurement Status Report , shall include list of materials and resources procured, indicate the date/quantity required (with required in yard dates) against the actual date/quantity procured.
· Project Close Out Report , submit a historical and statistical Project Close-Out Report include a brief description of the scope of works, basis of design, and design parameters, overall contract schedule, organization charts, contractors progress curves, histograms, Variation Order details (if any), Key Personnel Contact list, Project Assets List with details in Engineer Approved Format. Along with summary of issues during execution of works (if any), mitigate measured applied to resolve issues, lessons learned etc.
· Attend meetings with the Engineer and other parties concerned when required in order to review schedule status and progress of works.
· Any other related job as assigned by superiors.
Ø SO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System: Understand, promote and comply with HSE policies, procedures and practices throughout the work area to prevent injuries, illness and property damage. Understand HSE risks associated with the work area thru proper risk assessment and corresponding control measures. Promote and practice safety first and accident prevention. Take action on dangerous situations, hazards, non-conformities and incident reporting. Give assistance in correcting unsafe practices, investigating accidents and taking corrective and preventive action. Supervise Lockout & Tag out (LOTO) during electrical work, wearing of PPEs, Emergency Response and Safety procedures & practices, procedures and policies. Communicate to all staff the requirements and compliance of HSE.
ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System:
Manager Responsible to demonstrate: Context of the organization, Leadership, Planning, Support, Operation, Performance evaluation and Improvement clauses along with his full team
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering discipline.
- Minimum 10 Year experience in scheduling construction work of a complexity Projects and at least Five (5) years experience using Primavera Enterprise and Primavera Contract Manager.
- Must be competent in the use of the programming software (Primavera PE6 minimum) and possess a good knowledge of the type of work required to be performed in the Project.
- Shall be thoroughly trained and experienced in preparing and analyzing of construction schedules and cost using Primavera Enterprise and Primavera Contract Manager Software.
- Shall be skilled of preparing Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS), Resource Breakdown Structure (RBS) and Activity Codes.
- Shall be talented to prepare detailed schedule incorporating the final BOQ, design phase interface, procurement schedule, to clearly convey the extent of the scope of work.
- Shall be able to list activities of specific and measurable elements of work. Durations for each activity shall be calculated using productivity rates.
- Ability to prepare Program Schedule Logic using:
· Retained Logic Option in calculating the schedule. Logic of interdependencies shall be based on constructability and not on preferred working logic.
· Activities shall be logically linked in accordance with the planned sequence of works.
- The Planning Engineer shall be capable to issue the Project Schedule with the following:
· Key dates, Milestones, interface and handover dates.
· Mobilization and Securing of Permits.
· Supplier and subcontractor prequalification submission and approval
· Material submission and approval.
· Procurement, fabrication and delivery of the materials especially long lead items (delivery exceeding 3 months) and the on-site delivery and / or partial delivery date of all plant and major construction equipment.
· All on site works, including preliminary and temporary works.
· Each activity shall be represented by a description to a specific part of works, which will permit easy and accurate identification (element, location, equipment, item, document, prototype, sample, essential permit/approval etc.
· Any works related to Provisional Sums/Items and necessary for successful completion of the overall scope of works to be allowed for within the detailed program, including dates at which necessary approvals are required from Engineer.
· Installation of temporary construction facilities.