The Project Services Manager is a key leadership position within the Project Management Team responsible for achieving successful commercial outcomes working closely with the Project Director/Manager.
The Project Services Manager oversees all commercial aspects of the project, leading the effective deployment of PROJECT CONTROLS and CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT within the assigned project and ensures integration and consistency of Risk & Opportunity, Planning, Cost Control, Document Control and Contracts and Change Management.
As is expected of all Subsea 7 personnel, the Project Services Manager will promote a culture consistent with Subsea 7 s core values of Safety, Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Sustainability and Innovation, whilst also adhering Subsea 7 s Code of Conduct and HSEQ codes and practices.
• Leading and development of assigned team members within the Project Services Manager s project team.
• Ensuring integration, consistency and accuracy of the Project Controls and Contracts Management functions.
• Contributing to a high-performance safety culture.
• Contracts and Change Management:
• Proactive identification, development of strategy, and pursuit of claims to achieve acceptance of change orders.
• Driving a culture of contract and change awareness within the project team.
• Ensuring that Main Contract and Consortium Agreements are correctly managed to mitigate risk and maximise opportunities, in collaboration with the Contracts Manger.
• Negotiation and agreement of variations to the scope of works, de-scoping and transfer of scope.
• Risk & Opportunity Management:
• Ensuring Risks & Opportunities are appropriately identified, evaluated and considered within Project Planning and Cost Forecasting.
• Identification actions and ensuring these are implemented in a timely manner to mitigate risks and capture opportunities.
• Planning and Performance Monitoring:
• Overseeing the development of integrated project schedules, fully considering all dependencies between the EPCI Activities.
• Developing progress measurement tools to utilizing appropriate weightings, earned value assessment, physical actual percentage completion and productivity assessment.
• Ensuring progress of document deliverable is closely monitored and that any delays are identified early, impact on overall schedule is fully understood, and mitigating plans implemented.
• Development and monitoring of resourcing plans in collaboration with other disciplines, to achieve an efficient under budget project execution.
• Establish and regular assessment of Key Performance Metrics to assess the project health.
• Cost Management:
• Driving a culture focused on cost reduction and cost accountability throughout the project team.
• Accurate forecasting of revenue and cost based on the latest thinking, and that all known information is incorporated within the Estimate at Complete.
• Assessment of residual project risk on a regular basis, to ensure a representative contingency is assessed.
• Ensuring that risks and opportunities to the Estimate at Complete are promptly identified and accurately reported as soon as known.
• Proactively working with other disciplines to ensure open communication and a collaborative project team whilst driving a culture of accountability.
• Contributing to Continuous Improvement of Systems and Project Ways of Working whilst ensuring compliance with the Subsea 7 Business Management System.
• Identification of Lessons Learned on a contemporaneous basis and sharing proactively within the function and business.
• Continual focus on Project Governance, championing PM7 Gate Reviews and compliance with Subsea 7 Business Management System.
• Producing and presenting project reports for internal and external clients/stakeholders.
• Visiting Sites and Vessels to lead a culture of commercial performance and HSEQ excellence.
• Undertaking any other responsibilities as required by the Project Director or Regional Management.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CANDIDATE
• Degree qualified in areas such as Quantity Surveying, Business Management, Law or Engineering.
• A broad commercial understanding with a proven track-record in Project Controls and Contracts/Claims Management and a strong Contractual and Commercial Acumen.
• Highly developed influencing, negotiation and communication skills.
• Highly developed planning and execution skills.
• Experience Working within the Middle East, preferably with Saudi Aramco and experience working within a consortium preferred.
• Highly developed inter-personnel and team leadership and development skills.
• 15+ years relevant industry experience with 5+ in a similar role.