The Proposition Sales Team Lead is responsible for leading the sales team to structure, negotiate and close deals by proactively identifying pipeline opportunities governed by the Account Managers. The leader will develop the sales strategy for the respective proposition within their geography, provide insights by sharing Refinitiv thought leadership with customers and deliver customer demonstrations on specific solutions.
• Responsible for achieving annual sales and revenue growth targets
• Identifies and generates new business from existing and prospective customers to meet their organizational needs in software, data and implementation services
• Plan and execute sales strategies to achieve sales target
• Maintains a high standard of professionalism in representing Refinitiv with colleagues, clients, and the industry
• Be the voice of the customer and collaborate with Product Development Teams (which may include quotes on pricing and credit terms and may involve tenders, Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP)
• Leverage CRM tools to manage sales pipeline, ensure a high standard of forecast accuracy within the team and provide weekly accurate sales forecast to the management team
• Execute on the Commodities strategy and priorities by actively promoting and selling Refinitiv s holistic solution of Commodities desktop, feeds, and data management
Qualifications and Experience Required
Minimum of 10 years sales experience, with a consistent track record of regional sales management and business development who can bring the following experience and skills to the role:
• At least 3 years of experience in commodity sales, or related position (commodity brokers, commodity traders )
• Deep expertise of commodity markets, preferably Oil & Gas market
• Good understanding of commodity trading workflow
• Strong understanding of CTRM and EDM solutions
• Have a passion for, and an in depth understanding of, the energy markets. Knowledge of agriculture and metals is a great plus.
• Strong understanding of Refinitiv s customers workflows, including pre-trade, trade, and data management needs
• Stay informed about the Commodities Markets to spot new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients
• Structured methodical and hands-on approach to managing their business and team
• Strong, communication skills with a 'flexible professional attitude'
• Comfortable communicating at all levels internally and externally in an organization
• Displays a deep understanding of our customers, applies knowledge of business and market dynamics to provide value-add solutions and services
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving and expanding product sales environment
• Fluent in Arabic and French is a great plus