• Develop and implement purchase strategies
• Handle purchase process for Machine spare parts
• Source cost effective alternative spares
• Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability
• Control purchasing department budgets
• Develop and implement purchase Management instructions, policies, and procedures
• Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies
• Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
• Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
• Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
• Formulate policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
• Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets.
• Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
• Resolve vendor or contractor or service provider grievances, and claims against suppliers
• Review purchase order claims and contracts and service providers for conformance to company policy.
• Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses & improve effectiveness
• Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
• Record all transactions and periodically conduct ageing analysis
• Authorize and evaluate goods receipt, and ensure adherence to quality
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Good Communication Skills
Effective Negotiation Skills
Analytical Thinking Skills