Balad Air Base, Iraq
Ability to obtain
As a team member of a mobile quick reaction force team, provide immediate tactical response IOT defend base personnel, facilities & assets against identified threats using current defensive Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP). Train and mentor Host Nation QRF security elements IAW current training plans and participate in unilateral and combined security operations IAW current TTP's. In addition, be prepared to assist emergency services.
• Perform duties as part of a tactical team providing sector armed response
• Utilize special weapons and tactics' "shoot, move, and communicate"
• Establish blocking force to delay or deny threat elements
• Conduct search and clear operations of facilities and areas when required
• Establish cordons and entry/traffic control to areas identified as a public hazard
• Train and mentor Host Nation QRF security elements
• Conduct training of posted sentries as required
• Participate in advanced security preparations. Perform personnel protective service detail assignments if required (Amber Zone)
• Conduct riot/crowd control/disbursement operations as required
• Coordinate and liaise with all other sections within Security Group, for example: Static Guards, Base ECP's, PSD, Flight line, EOD, etc. for response to situations as directed by the Team Leader or Response Force Manager
• Responsible for supporting efforts that impact security operations up to the Base Perimeter including coordination with IQAF counterparts to work in concerted effort to secure restricted areas within the Flight Line
• Participate in daily briefings and training
• Remain cognizant of emerging threats and vulnerabilities that may adversely impact the program and communicate them to the Team Leader, or in absence of, report directly to the Chain of Command up to the Response Force Manager
• Carry out other duties and tasks that are reasonably expected within the broad scope of this role
• Other duties assigned by management
• Minimum 4 years' experience Military (any Branch) Combat Arms MOS/Security Forces or as Contractor in US Security Company in a security role or a combination of both.
• Must have minimum 1-year hostile deployment time gained through military (Campaign Badge OEF/OIF or equivalent) or through a Private Security Company (WPPS/WPS or equivalent).
• Essential: Knowledge of Base Security techniques and understanding of procedures, including electronic surveillance systems, physical barriers, static guards, vehicle /personnel search methods at entry check points, defensive operations and use of (quick reaction) assets.
• Essential: Strong awareness of security concepts and operations as per the Balad Air Base Performance Work Statement (PWS).
• Calm when under pressure, ability to de-escalate tense situations.
• Excellent eye for detail and strict adherence to approved process' and procedures.
• Consistently demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness loyalty and commitment.
• Understanding of cultural factors and sensitivities when working with Iraqi Military, Iraqi civilian co-workers, and Foreign Nationals.
• Willing to be flexible regarding work hours and respond quickly to time sensitive or urgent requirements.
• Ability to work in harsh climate conditions and under austere living conditions with potential for extreme danger.
• Certificates and DD214 will be required upon application for verification of experience
• Must be thoroughly familiar with Base Defense Strategies and methods to reduce vulnerability from adverse action and exploitation of critical infrastructure. Ability to produce clear, concise reports of sufficient quality to Team Leader.
• Good people skills, communications skills and ability to create and maintain positive working relationships.
• Possess strong analytical skills on security matters.
• Proficiency in English both written and verbal.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
• Ability to continuously walk, stand and move about.
• Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting up to 50 lbs.
• Frequently bends, kneels and crouches.
• Must be able to don and wear protective equipment for up to 12 hours a day.
• Must be able to perform perimeter and vehicle patrols.
• Ability to work in harsh, outdoor climatic conditions including potential exposure to adverse weather, fumes, dust, extreme temperatures, noise and other environmental hazards.
• Able to work under austere living conditions with the potential for an element of danger.
Who We Are
About Caliburn Internat ional, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The co mpany's website is www. caliburnintl.com .
This job d escription is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.