The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC s vision is to lead the humanitarian field by implementing high-impact, cost-effective programs for people affected by crisis and by using our learning and experience to shape policy and practice.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance. There are more than 4 million Syrian refugees living in neighboring countries. This is no short- term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair. The IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis in the Middle East region. IRC has been providing essential health services to the Syrian refugees and vulnerable host communities in addition to delivery of protection, Early Childhood Development (ECD) and Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) services.
Main responsibilities of the position will include the following;
• Under the supervision of Senior Health Program Manager, develop systems, tools and procedures according to the globally and nationally recognized quality standards for Primary Health Care services delivery in accordance with the IRC Jordan Health Program strategy
• Interpret the IRC quality standards for health services delivery and customize the quality standards and procedures according to the local context for practical application on the health services delivery
• Work in close coordination with the IRC health program quality assurance committees in the urban areas and the camps for maintaining a standardized approach of quality assurance initiatives and activities
• Provide technical advice and support to field teams involved in service delivery at the PHC clinics
• Develop monitoring tools for assessing the quality of services delivered at the IRC PHC clinics
• Monitor the quality of services delivered at the IRC PHC clinics according to the Wagreed essential quality standards and procedures and inform the Health Management team
• Develop quality improvement plans according to identified loop holes in service delivery for improving and maintaining high quality service delivery
• Conduct quarterly audits at the IRC PHC clinics and report the finding to the health management team
• Assist the Senior Health Program Manager to identify training needs of the health staff involved in service delivery and recommend training programs for improving and maintaining high quality of delivered services
• Develop working relationships with Ministry of Health, UN, NGOs, partners and other stakeholders in the area of Health services quality Assurance
• Seek out relevant networks in the country in the health services quality assurance
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to : Senior Health Program Manager
Position directly supervises : Health Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC Quality assurance committees, Regional Technical Health advisor, IRC staff involved in clinical services delivery at the PHC clinic
External: MoH relevant directorates, relevant departments of other stakeholders including UNHCR and UNFPA, Health accreditation Bodies in Jordan
Education: A medical professional (a medical doctor, nurse or a midwife registered with pertinent medical licensing and registration authority with a valid license)
Individuals holding masters in the field of public health, community health or health services management are preferred
• At least 2-3 years experience of working in similar or relevant roles
• Experience in report writing
• Objective oriented
• Flexible work attitude
• Good computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, and email/internet software.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with excellent written and spoken English
Language Skills: Professional-level fluency in spoken and written English; and Arabic
Working Environment: The position will be based in Mafraq with standard office work environment.