• Has at least 20 years of experience in the design and construction of desalination Reverse Osmosis plant
Has a strong knowledge of the technical details on desalination plants. Is able to independently handle all desalination related topics. Has participated on the conceptual and detail design of desalination plants for a major desalination OEM or worked for an international consultancy on the field of water treatment and desalination processes.
Easily establishes relationships with others on different levels (project managers, colleagues, client representatives).
Has social skills and is able to resolve internal and external conflicts taking the company goals, policies and processes into account.
Is able to meet any difficulties objectively and solution-oriented and is able to perform under stress and uncertain situations.
Masters the MS Office environment as well as relevant, subject-specific tools
- Receive and understand the Project Charter (participate in its drafting).
- Prepares and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Prepares quality assurance procedures.
- Prepares project risk register with actions for risk mitigation / reduction; monitor and update.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Prepares an overall method for the project including project standards to be followed.
- Prepares for Project Reviews.
- Ensures all project documents are available, updated, and stored appropriately.
- Prepare project close-out documents (incl. lessons learned, project sheet and project description for CVs).
- Submits timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors payments for project.
- Tracks and reports on a weekly basis.
- Reviews and updates project budget based on team hours and expenses used to date.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, and profit to be taken monthly .
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Makes recommendations for provision for project risks.
- Updates forecast cost to completion, based on WBS, monthly.
- Review the technical reports, documents, designs and cost estimates submitted by the EPC Contractor
- Check construction procedures, practices and activities to ensure the compliance with standards, specifications, statutory requirements and good internationally accepted construction practices, including emergency and security plans
- Review the EPC Contractor s QA/QC plans and procedures for quality requirements during manufacture, construction and erection. Monitor their implementation
- Help to evaluate and manage the EPC Contractor s performance
- Participate in inspections of the works
- Monitor details of installation to ensure conformance with the approved specifications and drawings
- Monitor testing, commissioning and start-up activities
- Cooperate with Owner s O&M staff to review plant operation manuals
- Participate in the review of claims and field change orders between the EPC Contractor and Owner regarding issues related to the works
- Ensure that an adequate HSE plan is set up and implemented
- Assist Owner in supervising and administering the EPC contractor to ensure obligations are met
- Maintain daily site diary
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of the Weekly and Monthly Reporting
- Maintain time-sheets and submit to the Owner promptly at the start of each month for approval.
- Assume specific duties as directed by the Project Director
Accommodation and transportation, along with 1 yearly economy class ticket to home town + medical insurance + monthly company contribution for GOSI + Iqama cost/mobilization. The food allowance is included in our budget.