We are currently looking for young, dynamic, self motivated Recreation professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As a Director of Recreation / Recreation Manager you are responsible for the entire operation of the leisure club facilities and to prepare the annual department budget in line with the costs involved, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Ensure optimum membership and monitor levels constantly
• Ensure all employees are trained as per the standards
• Coordinate members fitness assessment and ensure each member receives an individual exercise programme along with the necessary instruction on use and safety
• Engage specialized instructors such as tennis, water sports, etc. and ensure they have the necessary professional qualifications as well as the interpersonal skills
• Maintain all areas in a spotless and hygienic condition, including locker and shower rooms
• Ensure all food hygienic and health and safety regulations are strictly adhered to and implements any legislation as required
• Supervise any food & beverage areas within the health, fitness and recreation areas and ensure they are efficiently operated
• Keep up to date with the latest developments in sports and fitness techniques and equipment and make appropriate recommendations to the management
• Organize sports and social activities for guests and members incorporating members requirements and feedback
Environment, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
To comply with all policies and procedures of EHSMS.
Ensure relevant EHS information is provided to all colleagues in an appropriate manner.
Ensure colleagues within the section are following EHS policies and procedures.
Monitor the colleagues are handling / using all provided resources, facility and tools in a safe manner.
Assist in identification of risks/aspects, implement corrective action and arrange monitoring where required.
Provide sufficient supervision through technical guidance and support.
Ensure facilities are appropriately provided for safe storage, handling and transport of hazardous substance.
Make sure to report all incidents and injuries to the Department Heads / Section Head.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a degree in the sport / leisure field with previous experiences in the same position within the international hotel environment. You must also have fluency in both written and spoken English and positively contribute to sales activities thereby maximizing revenue along with the ability to solve problems effectively. Computer skills are a must.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a true passion for sport, a solid fitness background and excellent customer relations, problem solving and time management skills. You will be result oriented, proactive, an innovative thinker with the ability to lead, motivate and improvise in all situations and you should possess following competencies:
Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results