• Delivery of proactive marketing & communication services to the Marine and Land Business Units in the Middle East, India and Caspian.
• Supporting the Strategic Sales and Commercial Excellence teams with Market analysis, Competition intelligence, Sales Pipeline management to progress Business Development plans & Smart Pricing strategies.
• Managing internal and external communication to market using strategic messaging.
• Maximising PR opportunities; attendance of local & international technical events;
• Working in alignment with the Global Communications Team, to ensure adherence to corporate brand standards.
Marketing & Communication
• Providing a proactive service maximising PR opportunities and anticipated media coverage via relevant news releases, case studies and editorial ensuring a balanced supply of items to ensure regular coverage;
• Identifying opportunities for placement of editorial articles in relevant specialist media working with the Global Communications PR Manager to ensure alignment with wider corporate initiatives and adherence to processes and deadlines;
• Reinforcing the Fugro brand by creating strategic messaging and using dedicated external communication channels: social media, press releases etc.
• Regular review and update of corporate literature and media (photos and videos etc.) relevant to the regional Business Units;
• Copywriting for all other external communications: literature, social media posts, web copy, event invitations, presentations as required;
• Creating marketing campaigns for existing and new services or for bundle offers.
• Developing internal communication initiatives that will be relevant across different Business Lines.
• Working closely with the Global Communications team in the different marketing & communication activities in the region.
Market analysis & Competition intelligence
• Working alongside the Regional Director Strategic Sales & Marketing to support service line Business Intelligence needs;
• Conducting market research using existing subscriptions, web based info and internal information available to establish a data base of early entry potentials for all Fugro services;
• Supporting the Business lines with gathering data on market trends, clients & competitors and translating this to meaningful intelligence for Regional Management to base their business decisions on;
• Develop business plans and strategies specific to the different countries in the region;
• Customer satisfaction surveys.
Business Development & Sales Pipeline Management
• Providing structured support to the Strategic Sales and to the Commercial Excellence teams
• Ad hoc communication content for the Business Development managers within the region as required: presentations, flyers, videos etc.
• Develop country-specific content when needed.
• Monitor the consistency of the information entered in MS360 by the Business Development Managers and Commercial Excellence teams.
• Ensure the good health of the pipeline by monitoring it through dashboards.
• Run internal awareness and coaching session for pipeline users.
• Maintaining a comprehensive events calendar including relevant conferences, exhibition, tradeshows and Fugro hosted client events in the region;
• Providing a proactive service to maximise attendance at events, identifying potential speaking or sponsorship opportunities;
• Creating a project plan for each event highlighting key services to be featured;
• Coordinating the regional events budget for the year;
• Developing engaging and relevant content for our social media channels to promote our services and attendance at events.
• Ensure the highest value possible for the company by ensuring that newly gathered leads are further being qualified by the Business Development team.
• Graduate in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication, Advertising.
Skills / experience required to do the job:
• Minimum with at least 10 years experience, preferably in the energy or infrastructure industry, and preferably in the Middle East region;
• Experience collating and standardising quality marketing material to the highest corporate standard;
• Experience using large data bases, not only with the quality of data entry, but the ability to extract usable business information;
• Some exposure to the commercial functions like client relationship, preparing proposals, submitting responses to tenders, negotiations, etc. is required;
• Ability to work in a large, multi-cultural team;
• Commercial acumen;
• Able to develop effective presentations to multi-cultural clients in the Middle East, at the highest levels;
• High level of proficiency in both written and verbal English;
• Multi-lingual capabilities (Arabic & English) is an advantage;
• Multi-task and work with deadlines;
• Communicate effectively with clients, business partners and Fugro team members, and help them to resolve issues that may be conflicting, at times;
• Comfortable and professional in meeting and engaging with clients;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Knowledge of CRM databases specifically Microsoft Dynamics365;
• Experience with budgeting.
Role Specific behavioural competencies required
• Highly energetic individual with a self-starter attitude.
• High level team player internally between Strategic Sales and Commercial and externally to key clients;
• Display tenacity and discipline in identifying opportunities with new and existing clients, utilising market research;
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of opportunities in the pipeline across the region;
• High level negotiation and diplomatic acumen.