HSBC is one of the world’s leading international banks, with a network covering 67 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
SMEs play a significant role in driving the economic health of most markets around the world and represent the vast majority of businesses in any economy. As the world continues to become more connected, SMEs will increasingly become international and we know that international customers are more profitable and that HSBC is better placed to meet their needs than for purely domestic customers. Accordingly, we have a clear strategy for Business Banking to be the International SME Bank
The jobholder is expected to acquire, retain and expand relationships with customers we want to bank within Business Banking profitably, by identifying customer needs first and then recommending appropriate solutions for the customer to consider and accept.
The jobholder’s portfolio will consist of both domestic and international relationships and the role will involve managing all aspects of the relationship including the inherent credit and operational risks
. The jobholder will be responsible for establishing a strong, visible profile within the business area and focusing on the delivery of the Bank’s capabilities within Business Banking
Global Careers Opportunities
Visit our Global Careers site where you can explore our business, meet our people and find useful application hints and tips http://www.hsbc.com/careers
Duties & Responsibilities
Act as Relationship Manager by offering value-added advice and guidance to customers and placing their needs at the forefront of all that we do, setting world class standards
•Grow sustainable revenues from existing* customer portfolio and through targeted acquisition of quality new* customers
• Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests within the bounds of prudent banking
• Proactively develop effective strategies to manage relationships, both existing and new, by anticipating customer needs and providing superior quality services resulting in increased wallet share.
• Keep up-to-date on knowledge of HSBC’s international and domestic strategy, capabilities and policies.
• Increase profitability, relationship depth while minimizing risk.
• Generate cross country referrals facilitated via Global Links and local or overseas IBC, whichever appropriate.
• Work with product partners (such as GLCM, Trade, Insurance) to assess needs of international and domestic customers and offer appropriate solutions.
• Align to MTO and Area Operating Targets defined by the Group (Revenue, RWA, RoRWA).
•Build a network of business introduces in the local professional and business community