Organization Name Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
• تقديم دعم بحثي عالي الجودة والاضطلاع ببحوث تنافسية دولية تهدف إلى النشر ، مما يساهم في الرسالة الأكاديمية والبحثية للجامعة.
• القدرة على تقديم خطط البحث والنتائج بأسلوب مقنع، سواء في وسائل الاتصال الشفوية والمكتوبة.
The Research Assistant (RA) will participate in the activities of the thrust area II. The candidate will be a part of a research team working on the fundamentals of corrosion for oil and gas infrastructure. He or she will conduct corrosion test coupons with specific chemical solutions to obtain corrosion rate of X65 and X70 pipelines. He or she will conduct SEM analysis on the corroded specimens and document results.The candidate will interact and coordinate his or her activities with faculty, other research associates, lab engineers, and graduate students involved in the project.
• Conduct research in fundamentals of corrosion
• Perform corrosion rate tests on X65 and X70 test coupons
• Conduct SEM analysis and produce images of corrosion samples
• Provide support to the MSc student who is working on external corrosion detection sensor
• Provide support to the MSc student with the use of clean room
• Provide support to the MSc student by evaluating the MSc student s designed sensor performance by conducting accelerated corrosion tests and analyzing test data.
• Communicate analysis, اوتوكاد, and test results via technical reports and weekly presentations.
The RA will work with the MSc students involved in this project and at times, he or she will lead them, عند الضرورة.
B.Sc. in Chemistry or Chemical engineering, material science experience is a plus. MSc degree is preferred.
• Clean room experience
• Background in chemistry or chemical engineering and materials/تكنولوجيا النانو.
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
• Experience in microscopy equipment including SEM, AFM and SNOM.
• Experience publishing in journals is a big plus
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team ( RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae )