Preqin is an award-winning, independent, research company providing data and intelligence to the financial industry. Investment professionals use Preqin’s online products to obtain key information for business-critical decision-making. Preqin’s clients include fund managers, legal firms, institutional investors, financial advisors and placement agents.
Primarily a data company; Preqin is also a fast-moving fintech with a strong growth record and a world-wide staff base. Owned by our founder, directors and employee shareholders, we care passionately about our customers, brand and the employees that make it all happen.
The research team is responsible for Preqin’s coverage of the alternative assets industry, striving to keep it accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive. The team is in charge of engaging and maintaining a good relationship with Middle Eastern based Investors and Fund Managers, as well as working closely with other team members and departments to ensure the growth and quality of the Preqin database.
The Research Associate is responsible for the maintenance of Preqin’s online databases and products and will have the opportunity to contribute towards the production of Preqin’s leading financial publications when required. The Research Associate will also be responsible for maintaining existing relationships and the establishment of new relationships with Middle Eastern investors / fund managers, and will provide data and analysis to Preqin stakeholders, upon gaining suitable experience.
Full training relevant to the role will be provided.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Proactively communicating and building relationships with key professionals within the alternative assets industry to obtain valuable proprietary information on fundraising and investment activities.
• Updating Preqin’s online database (CRM) with key financial information, statistics and analysis in a timely manner.
• Conducting in-depth web research.
• Regularly conducting bespoke statistical analysis for clients.
• Liaising with our teams in North America, APAC and Europe, as well as collaborating with other departments in the company to deliver requests and provide solutions.
• Supporting senior team members on ad-hoc research projects and getting involved in further data enhancements and developments.
• Contributing to Preqin’s research reports, blogs and publications occasionally.
Key Requirements for this Role:
• Education level - Bachelors’ Degree in Business Management, Finance or any other related field.
• A highly proactive and enthusiastic approach to relationship building.
• Strong research capabilities and investigative instincts.
• Effective in a target-driven environment, working towards set KPIs and performance metrics.
• Highly organised, self-motivated and collaborative.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Previous work experience focusing on communication and relationship management is desirable.
• Proficiency in Arabic is not essential but would be beneficial.