The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is a leading research institute based at the Economics Department at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology that conducts randomized evaluations to understand the impact of development and poverty-reduction policies. Its mission is to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by rigorous evidence and research is translated into action. وتحقيقا لهذه الغاية, ي-PAL works with NGOs, international organizations, المؤسسات الحكومية, and others to rigorously evaluate programs and disseminate the results of high-بحوث الجودة.
to date, ي-PAL affiliated professors have completed or ongoing projects in over 80 countries. ي-PAL has been working in Egypt since 2015, conducting randomized evaluations in sectors including labor markets, الشمول المالي, and social protection. More information about J-PAL s work globally and in Egypt can be found online at www.povertyactionlab.org .
About the J-صديق/AUC Initiative for Egypt
ي-PAL and AUC began collaborating in 2015 and formalized a partnership to create the J-صديق/AUC Initiative for Egypt in 2018. The Initiative works to improve the effectiveness of social programs in Egypt and across the region. The office offers technical and program implementation support to J-PAL affiliated researchers undertaking randomized evaluations in the country and the region; trains and builds the capacity of local researchers to conduct randomized evaluations; and disseminates research results and collaborates with policymakers to integrate findings into current and future development policies and programs.
If you are excited about the opportunities and challenges of supporting and developing a cutting-edge research and policy center from its early stages, leading development of systems and internal policies for the Initiative while collaborating with staff at one of Egypt s leading universities, please read on for more details and to apply.
Research Manager Job Description:
Research assistance: For specific research projects:
• Collaborate with PIs on the design and implementation of data collection plans;
• Manage project research staff through all stages of empirical research;
• Ensure effective and efficient implementation of field activities by Initiative project staff; Ultimately responsible for keeping research on schedule; Responsible for overall quality control of the project s field activities, including the quality of the data collected;
• اعداد, تحديث, and manage project budgets;
• Report regularly to PIs and Initiative management on project progress, المشاكل, الانفاق, and schedule; Provide advance notice on potential problems such as delays, overspending, and data quality issues;
• حسب الحاجة, work with data sets, cleaning and running checks to spot errors, and generally preparing data for analysis;
• حسب الحاجة, assist with literature reviews and questionnaire writing;
• Lead new and renewal institutional review board applications;
• Prepare data for publication and publishing data; and
• Complete any other miscellaneous tasks assigned by the Senior Research Manager or the PIs on the projects.
• Master s in economics, الرياضيات, أو الإحصاءات
• Significant experience with data collection techniques and expertise with data analysis software, such as Stata or R
• Bilingual in Arabic and English
• مهارات أداره المشاريع - ability to plan tasks for teams, التقدم المرئى, make corrections to plans
• مهارات قويه لأداره الميزانية
• Personnel management skills
• Team player with good problem solving and time management skills
• القدرة علي العمل تحت الضغط والوفاء بالمواعيد النهائية