ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Information analysis (global):
• Monitoring of Turkish media, social media and academic sources in order to identify trends relevant to the humanitarian field in Turkish language.
• Analyzing developments in Turkey and related to the Turkish engagement abroad with a humanitarian angle.
• Producing reader-friendly analytical (quantitative and qualitative) reports, promoting them to internal end users, and regularly reviewing and adapting them to the needs.
• Maintains close relations with with a network of media analysts at headquarters and in country delegations, and contributes to building capacities.
• Contributes to developing and implementing media listening and analysis strategies and reference methodology documents.
• Collaborating with the headquarters on special requests and ad hoc research
• Contribute to the objective of enhancing ICRC's visibility in Turkish media by:
• Monitoring and analyzing Turkish media s coverage of key themes or contexts of mutual interest, and of ICRC visibility in Turkish media
• Identify opportunities for pitching content to specific Turkish media-outlets, think-tanks or other
• Translate selected ICRC news releases into Turkish and post them on the Turkish language page on ICRC.org
• Scanning and research : Monitors the ICRC s visibility and reputation, as well as ad-hoc issues relevant to the ICRC.
• Analysis and advisory : On a regular basis, s/he analyses the humanitarian, political environment in Turkey and areas under influence of Turkey. Identifying new events, communications, and trends outside the organization that can improve the ICRC's understanding and influence decision-making.
• Reporting : Based on collective information obtained from the Regional Communication Center and his/her own monitoring, drafts thematic synthesis papers, as well as ad-hoc reports.
• Coordination and strategy : Coordinates all research and analysis efforts with the management of Regional Communication Center, as well as with Head Quarter and contributes to developing strategy, methodology, and reference documents.
• Testing tools : S/he tests new search tools meant to help monitor Turkish sources, contributing to identifying tools that are most suited to respond to ICRC needs.
More than 4 years
Minimum required knowledge & experience :
• University degree
• 4 years work experience in a similar function
• Solid knowledge of Turkish political, social, and humanitarian developments
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Turkish and English
• Very good computer skills, incl. spreadsheets
• Excellent analytical, research, and writing skills
• Confirmed capacity to analyze the political and social environment
• Confirmed capacity to present analysis in a reader-friendly way
• Excellent communication and presentation skills