• JOB SUMMARY
Professionally responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations receiving by mail, telephone, fax, or through a central reservation system. Creates and maintains reservation records, prepares confirmation and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications. Tracks future room availability on the basis of reservations, and helps develop forecasts for room revenue and occupancy. Responsible in updating availability of all distribution channels like OTA and Web booking systems.
• Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Processes reservations by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax or central reservation systems referral.
• Processes reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
• Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
• Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
• Knows the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
• Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
• Determines room rates based on the selling strategy of the hotel.
• Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
• Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
• Understands the hotel s policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
• Processes advance deposits on reservations.
• Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
• Helps develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts.
• Prepares expected arrival list for front office use. Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate. Monitors advances deposit requirements.
• Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
• Makes sure that complete documentation and files are kept up to date.
• Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
• Promotes goodwill by beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
• Assists client and ensuring that they secure whatever services they are in need of.
• Assists in making arrangements for clients travel programs.
• To be aware of all front office procedures and assist with reception duties when required.
• Open and close the availability as and when required of hotel in all the GDS channels, IDS channels and on the hotel website.
• Configuring rates on the hotels property system.
• To be fully aware of and adhere to health and safety, fire and bomb threat procedures.
• JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Accountable for the monthly revenue targets.
• Compliance to the accounting policy of the Hotel.
• Accountable for the complete and proper documentation of all reservations.
• KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
• Monthly Revenue targets (indicate figures).
• Daily/ Monthly Full occupancy status
• COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
External : Travel Agents
Corporate Offices/ Companies
Internal : Hotel Manager
Front Office Staff
Food & Beverage Staff