Retail Buyer for Hypermarket/Supermarket Chains in Dubai.
Key Responsibilities/KRAs/KPIs: Budgeted Gross Profits
● Achieve GP category wise/ store wise through coordination with Operations in-charge/ Floor Managers .
● Decides the buying volume based on Price fluctuation/Market availability/Consumer demand.
● Identify alternate vendors for competetive pricing & quality.
● Identify alternate products/ articles which gives more GP & Sales
● Negotiate with suppliers on product pricing, trade support with facts( business size, category share, Category growth etc.) and
close the deal at best price.
● Achieve price leadership by effective negotiation with vendors/principals and innovative supply chain management.
● Maintain profitable relationships with existing suppliers, and monitor the adherence to the contract terms.
● Achieve budgeted backend margins from Rentals, Listing fee, Rebates (Progressive rebate, Brand rebate), Shop branding, etc.
Other Responsibilities: Market analysis & reporting
● Monitor price fluctuations, regular market price benchmarking, quality comparison between market brands in relevant store’s market.
● Gather market intelligence, tracking consumer demand and industry best practice.
● Analyse Stock holding report, non moving report, negative GP, GP Report, stock availability and prepare & excute action plan for the remaining period of
the financial year.
● Prepare periodic reports analysing the sale turnover and consumer trends per product to arrive at a decision to maintain/liquidate/dispose off the
\stocks and/or continue/discontinue product lines.
● Regular analysis of brand/supplier performance and profitability.
● Monitor the stock levels in the stores; coordinate with the Suppliers to maintain optimal stock levels in line with the
● Ensure inventory levels are maintained, within company norms to achieve faster rotation of stocks
● Liquidation of ageing stocks, ensure freshness of stock by rotation