The Retail Manager is responsible to oversee the sales operations of the retail showrooms of the company. The person in this role promotes the company’s product portfolio by executing the company’s sales account plan through a comprehensive coverage of a designated territory and supervision of the sales team.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Delivery of revenue, profit and gross margin as per agreed budget;
• Manage and motivating a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
• Manage stock levels and making key decisions about stock control.
• Analyze sales figures and forecasting future sales.
• Use information technology to record sales figures, analyze data and forward plan.
• Deal with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews.
• Responsible for initiating various ATL and BTL activities in the showroom and forecast the ROI.
• Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
• Tour the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
• Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what competitors are doing.
• Initiating changes to improve the business, e.g. revising opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market.
• Responsible for learning and development of the staff.
• Manage online sales on various e-commerce platforms to boost sales
• Ensure that the showrooms are up to the mark in terms of product mix, product display, design and outlook.
• Submit sales performance reports as required by the management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES
Educational Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Business/Marketing
Additional Qualification: Certificate in Sales
Years of Experience: 10+ years’ retail sales experience with 5 years in UAE.
Job specific skills: Proven Leadership and ability to lead sales team, Power Retail Account Management Experience, Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level, ,Planning and Executing Sales Strategies, Customer Relationship Management, Understanding of P & L, Excellent listening, Negotiation and Presentation skills, Excellent verbal and written communications skills, Excellent in Microsoft Office, Excellent Presentation, Decision Making, UAE Driver’s License.
Key competencies: Communication, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving, Product and Industry Knowledge, Tactical Sales, Strategic Selling, Leadership and Teamwork