In the years leading up to Expo 2020 Dubai, one way to engage directly with the public and provide an interactive, tactile experience of the brand is through the development, distribution and marketing of licensed products. Distributed via dedicated Expo 2020 Dubai branded stores and through a wider retail distribution network, both domestic and international consumers will have a touch point to engage with the brand, learn about Expo 2020 and purchase licensed products.
- Management of the appointed Off-Site Retail Operator/s ensuring the direction and integrity of the Dubai 2020 brand, monitor performance against sales targets, delivery of key milestones and delivery of KPIs outlined in agreements;
- Provide strategic retail solutions outside the Expo site maximising the retail opportunities in Dubai, the wider UAE and potentially internationally. The tender process to appoint the official Retail Operators for Expo 2020 is underway and successful candidate will be involved in the finalization and contract negotiations and then responsible for the management and delivery of the contract. Alternative retail solutions and partnerships will needed to be sought for some bespoke event requirements in the lead up to the event which will be managed by directly the Off-site retail manager;
- Work collaboratively with the On-site and eCommerce Retail Managers to ensure delivery of the overall seamless, متعدده-channel retail strategy across all channels;
- Process approvals for the use of Expo 2020 IP Store layout (physical and digital), تجربة المستخدم, والتجهيزات, internal and external signage and/أو العلامة التجارية, marketing collateral or any other components required for the delivery of the retail operation;
- Work collaboratively with Finance, Legal and Procurement team members on the management of the retailer agreements, contracts and sales forecasts that drive overall sale targets and revenue to the Bureau;
- العمل مع الصليب-functional departments such as brand and marketing to ensure Off-site retail agreements are adhered to and that products and related platforms are approved, tested and launched effectively in the marketplace;
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with key retailers including buyers and marketing to maximize product positioning and sales of licensed products, alignment of product with retailers, coordination of retail marketing, media value and promotional activity and create cohesive retail program for Expo 2020;
- Work with the Expo 2020 licensing team on the coordination and creation of the retail specific product ranges or concepts strengthening market position and sell through. Establish critical path with Licensing Team for the launch and ongoing management of Expo 2020 stores. Secure and improve existing business and initiate and launch proactively new products, projects and initiatives.