Roles and Responsibilities
Prepare and supervise all the type of rigging equipment installed at refinery site and workshops including mobile cranes, fork lifters, Payloaders, Floor cranes, Chain blocks, rigging hardware including slings, eye bolts, wire ropes, etc.
To assist the Sr. Foreman in establishing the loads, working radii, balancing during he lifting operations, type of rigging tools and equipment to supervise and guide the associated work force for safe handling of materials.
• To assist the Heavy Equipment Supervisor in maintaining all the rigging items.
• Monitor rigging items by performing regular proof load testing.
• Should perform as a signal person in Refinery environment using respiratory protection and the other protective equipment as and when required.
• Check work at site including taking the measurements and establishing loads to be lifted.
• Should be able to work from Rigging plan. Equipment drawing, sketches, and engineering specifications.
• Issue work direction to assigned rigging group and ensure safe working conditions for the workers and the work.
• Perform rigging duties in dismantling and assembly of refinery equipment including heat exchangers, turbines, pumps, motors etc. Supervise the contractual Rigging manpower during Normal routines and Shutdowns.
• Coordinate work execution with other sectors. Undertake rigging of all lifts ensuring correct rigging practices and safety of all the lifts. Perform rigging duties in dismantling and assembly of refinery equipments including heat exchangers, turbines, pumps, motors, etc. Supervise the contractual Rigging Manpower during Normal routines and Shutdowns.
Desired Candidate Profile
Minimum 12 Years of school education and Formal professional level course and certificates in heavy lifting/ Rigging using mobile cranes, winches etc.
8-10 Years of experience in construction and/or Petrochemical environment.