Start Your Journey With Us
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you re happy, our guests will be happy. It s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That s The JW Treatment .
Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible. Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets. Organize and coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups. Review/Track/Accommodate requests for room/check-out changes when possible; communicate status to appropriate staff. Confirm reservations and cancellations. Review out-of-order rooms daily. Ensure rates match market codes and document exceptions. Verify and adjust billing for guests. File guest paperwork or documentation. Set up/process all guest check-ins/check-outs. Activate room keys. Secure valid payment. Identify any over-commitments. Perform duplicate reservation checks; block rooms. Run daily reports. Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
•Ideally will have experience in a similar supervisory position within front office department.
Skills and Knowledge
•Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
•Pro-active and reliable
•Able to work alone and within a team
•Problem Solving and Complain Handling
•Strong organizational and time management skills
•OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, Virtual Concierge, Microsoft Office and other operating
Education or Certification
•Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
•Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
•Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Hotel product and services.
• Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and other grooming standards must comply with the standard of the hotel.
• Assist in maintenance of bulletin board, or other visual representation, to note any outstanding issues, supply shortages, etc
• Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
• Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests and pending issues.
• Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
• Be flexible according to the business need
• Have an excellent approach to customer service
• Have strong organizational skills; always practice Clean as you go
• At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
• Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.