Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management. Marketing and business development experience preferred. Business and account planning implementation experience. Conversant in Oracle technology and product strategies. Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to negotiate and close complex deals. Ability to determine strategy and tactical plans that deliver tangible results. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
SaaS Commercial Manager
The role requires effective integration and engagement within account teams and directly with prospective customers, to build rapport and credibility, assist in creating and delivering commercial solutions to meet the customer’s need and create win-win outcomes. The successful candidate will be required to react with speed to the evolving world of SaaS, both externally in understanding the market, and internally as our processes and terms mature. The overall objective of the Commercial Manager Team is to create and lift the commercial DNA of any team they engage with.
As part of the Applications team, this role is a fundamental pillar to driving the success and rapid growth of the Applications SaaS business; working on the some of the most strategic SaaS deals within the region. In addition, the role is seen as a commercial thought leader in the SaaS market and the team holds a reputation for always delivering, and engaging across diverse populations and at all levels of the business.
• Deal focus:-
• Commercial modelling: - Define and negotiate commercial solutions to complex and challenging customer business requirements; driving a value-based, not discount based conversation.
• Contractual negotiation:- Negotiate contractual terms and support the account team to close the transaction.
• Negotiation planning:- Ensure the sales team creates and executes a coherent negotiation strategy backed by a solid concession plan.
• Case management:- lead and manage teams in closing transformational deals (aligning close plans to key dates for processing, and driving the close process); evaluate and manage risk within a deal.
• Business practice:- Learn and maintain a leadership knowledge of Oracle SaaS policies and procedures;
• Sales Enablement -
• Support, coach and mentor Sales representatives with their understanding of SaaS contracts and commercial terms.
• Share expert knowledge on commercial matters with Sales community (e.g. commercial modelling, industry standards, competitive intelligence, top trends in negotiation etc)
• Project focus -
• Business Partnering: - Engagement on projects with a commercial focus to help to drive initiatives as part of overall business strategy (i.e. competitive analysis, install the base programme, review and assess the applicability of new regulations on ability to close deals etc)
• Ability to drive and run a project, building and coordinating a team of enablers to achieve project success
• Work as an integral part of the account team and work with customers in order to understand the commercial/contractual requirement, and identify business value being proposed by the Oracle SaaS proposal
• Work with the designated account sales team to create and deliver commercial solutions in response to customer requirements (including advising on and assisting in the presentation of the internal business case, and justifications for the proposed solution).
• Become a recognised commercial subject matter expert within Applications business, but also in other lines of business; drive commercial thought leadership and best practice during the sales cycle.
• Play a key role as part of the contractual negotiation process, managing customer’s expectations, addressing their concerns, working alongside Legal and Sales teams to reach a mutually agreeable contractual position and demonstrate the value of Oracle’s commercial terms and conditions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills required - used to communicating and negotiating with C Level execs and having the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
• Proven successful and highly attuned influencing skills and experienced commercial negotiator;
• Proven knowledge of contracts and commercial paperwork
• Ability to engage in multiple, complex multi-dimensional commercial negotiations at once;
• Ability to build and maintain a large internal network, and hold relationships at Sales VP level;
• Ability to effectively articulate Oracle’s position on complex issues to, both, internal stakeholders and Customer leadership
• Ability to balance and resolve competing interests/priorities
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Prepared to work in, and lead virtual teams - requiring strong interpersonal skills
• Sophisticated at dealing with conflict in a constructive manner;
• Proactive, tenacious, proven track record of driving projects/tasks to completion and within specified timelines.